H&K L.E.O Trade- Ins - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K L.E.O Trade- Ins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My bedside gun is a LEO trade in USP 9mm. Slide is in great shape, but the frame was rougher than I'd have preferred - scratched up on one side of the handle, worn smooth on the other. A hogue grip sleeve fixed that problem. Still shoots great, I love it.

sdx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I have a KB date code MP5 police trade-in. It was transformed to semi-auto by the police and that makes it civilian legal where I live in Europe (for the moment - A new European gun law makes all guns that started life as full-auto, and quite a few originally semi-auto rifles, illegal for civilians. The new law permits each member country to allow gun owners to keep these weapons, if they were legally purchased before June 13, 2017 - I got mine on June 12, though I reserved it and paid for it months earlier. However, at this point there is no guarantee that we will be allowed to keep them. It basically will come down to whether or not the government thinks it can get away with confiscating the guns without having to reimburse owners for the loss of their private property. In France, where I live, they are currently trying to do this to owners of belt-fed guns - semi-auto only of course. They are trying to get around having to reimburse the owners by telling them that they are free to sell their guns to any of the 2-3 gun shops that are allowed to deal in military and LEO only weapons. Since they can sell them to a gun dealer, the government is technically not "confiscating" them, but why would a gun dealer buy guns for which there is no resale market?)

Like most LEO trade-ins, my MP5 doesn't look like a safe queen, but it shoots well and feels tight.
    I hope common sense prevails and you get to keep your LEO trade-in MP-5.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdx View Post
    I hope common sense prevails and you get to keep your LEO trade-in MP-5.
    Thanks, so do I (and all the people here who own guns that have just gone on the forbidden list.)

There is no equivalent of the NRA in Europe. A group called Firearms United is trying to fill that role, and they did some lobbying during the deliberations of the European Parliament, but they don't have much clout. In France, there are a number of groups that are supposed to represent gun owners, but several of them seem to be working for the government, rather than for the gun owners. The only group that is trying to prepare a law suit on behalf of the owners of belt-fed guns is a group that currently has 6100 members. They have no political clout, but are trying to take legal recourse.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That was an amazing price on that LEO USP .45 that DirtyBastard reported on. I just bought one yesterday and paid $540 with box and spare mag thinking I pulled one over on them by offering $50 less than their asking price. Oh well, I'm happy with it. it's in excellent shape but has dim night dots.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Picked this one up for $429 last year. And from looking at the barrel hood it looked like it had less than 500 rounds through it. Virtually no wear.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HighCaliber View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Just a few local gun stores

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    my LGS will sell trade in for maybe a hundred under retail. sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyN View Post
    Thanks

my LGS will sell trade in for maybe a hundred under retail. sucks.
    Yeah that sucks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taclore View Post
    Picked this one up for $429 last year. And from looking at the barrel hood it looked like it had less than 500 rounds through it. Virtually no wear.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    No box, 3 mags, some holster wear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I picked up a LEO trade USP 45fs SS for $550 about a year ago... sure, it's marked S.J.S.O. on the slide, but otherwise in good shape. the 3 12-round magazines are a little scraped up and the springs were weak, so I replaced those and they've been flawless ever since!
    Attachment 122426

Got the same exact one. Its a Florida Sheriff department. Same two tone, 3 mags same SJSO. See pic above

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Got the same exact one. Its a Florida Sheriff department. Same two tone, 3 mags same SJSO. See pic above

I googled the name on the box. Seems the previous owner had some not-so-positive press!
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links