VP9 Break in period? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: VP9 Break in period?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Yes, I use MEN NATO 124gr 9mm in mine only.
    Search u can find 1000rds for about 200-210$. Great ammo, a little cleaner than American similar ammo.

Happy shooting and enjoy

And YES, strip, clean well, clp or equilavent, scrub good, brushes, etc, get her clean of all the factory clear grease. Apply some fresh oil and (very light dots of grease) on the rails if u want too. Don't overgrease, your hands will get dirty :)

Enjoy
    Thank you again!! Very helpful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YES !!!!!! THIS !!!!!!

Sellier & Bellot 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain FMJ Government Contract

Winchester USA 9mm Luger NATO 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket

124 Grain FMJ NATO M.E.N. Germany

these will make it much easier...........MIUCH !!

enjoy the new pistol!!
    Is sellier and bellot 9mm fmj government contract ammo a NATO ammo?
    Is this and winchester NATO AMMO clean or dirty ammo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

During heated discussion on pistol break-in procedures in break room at work I offered a comment, to which someone replied “well how many rounds does it take to break-in your HK?”, to which I replied “one”. I don’t know if that is universally true, but it was a funny moment.
    roadking2007 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

YES !!!!!! THIS !!!!!!

Sellier & Bellot 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain FMJ Government Contract

Winchester USA 9mm Luger NATO 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket

124 Grain FMJ NATO M.E.N. Germany

these will make it much easier...........MIUCH !!

enjoy the new pistol!!
    +1 What he said!! I don't shoot anything lighter than 124gr ammo. Never had a break in period.
    (my little bag of tricks) (my road dogs) (words can not express a few things nicely dressed),
    {And a Presa Canario that loves his people . He won't stop unless I tell him to).
    Use your imagination.

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Exactly, 1 round. All my HKs worked from round 1. Even my very first VP9 with the red spring, I shot Blazer Brass 115 cuz it was cheap, no break in required.

I switched to good 124g, see Articdeth's selection, that's pretty much what I run. I replaced (but kept) red spring to see what all the VP40 spring talk was about...still bang every time.

Admittedly, 124g just feels better. Only 115 I like is the Federal and GD +P+ stuff, that's fun to shoot.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    P30 LS
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Exactly, 1 round. All my HKs worked from round 1. Even my very first VP9 with the red spring, I shot Blazer Brass 115 cuz it was cheap, no break in required.

I switched to good 124g, see Articdeth's selection, that's pretty much what I run. I replaced (but kept) red spring to see what all the VP40 spring talk was about...still bang every time.

Admittedly, 124g just feels better. Only 115 I like is the Federal and GD +P+ stuff, that's fun to shoot.
    My spring is reddish. I have a 2015 vp9. I have not cleaned, lubed it. Is there some special thinge put on the spring by hk? Should I take it off when cleaning, lubing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post

My spring is reddish. I have a 2015 vp9. I have not cleaned, lubed it. Is there some special thinge put on the spring by hk? Should I take it off when cleaning, lubing?
    Clean and lube the thinge J, as long as it’s not reddish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just shoot it, i ran UMC remmington 115g fmj for my first 600 rounds, in my vp9sk, never had an issue. Since then, ive ran winchester white box 124g nato, sellier & bellot 124g with a total of around 1400 rounds, never an issue. Its kinda like this, bowling with a 8 lbs bowling ball fast and getting a strike or a 16 lbs bowling ball slow and getting a strike, the end result is still the same. All 9mm rounds have plenty of energy to cycle the weapon.
    Last edited by Meho1277; 05-15-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Is this ammo-“clean?

%98 ammo is dirty, don’t worry about it, shoot and clean, or do what many. Of us do.......
    Don’t clean, and just do a quick wipe, and add a couple drops of oil before the range,
    If it’s your HD piece,clean, and lube after range.
    My range junker is the vp9, haven’t cleaned in ....

Wow, must be 8 months now, no issues, keep shooting her. Don’t worry about it.

I will correct myself here, ALL ammo is dirty.
    Don’t worry about it, sometimes, the carbon will keep it lubed for you, until a long time, and you may get an FTF or similar.
    Don’t worry about it.
    Enjoy your firearm.

Clean her when needed. That is all.

Stay safe.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good choice! I never noticed a "break-in" period with my VP9 and I'm sitting at about 5000 rounds in it. That doesn't mean it's not the case though, considering other members have stated their break-in ideas. I would say just definitely take it apart first and property clean/lube as previously stated. One thing I'd add though for your first shooting impressions, the mag release does not protrude as much as other similar firearms so keep an eye on your grip. If you notice your gun not locking back on empty, pay attention to your grip and figure out if it's because your gripping over the slide release (you probably are). Enjoy it though and get used to it! Best 9mm striker-fired gun on the market IMO!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links