Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension

Thread: Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension

I wanted to add some more grip to my p30sk +2 extension I just got from Hkparts.net. It took several attempts and a lot of fitting but I think it turned out pretty well. Feels way better to the hand.

I bought some grip tape off amazon. I made some rubbings using a colored pencil over the mag extension and carefully cut it to fit. Once happy with those I transferred it to the skateboard tape using a white colored pencil. Some very careful cutting and more fitting. Once happy with the fit I spray painted the pieces a flat black as the skate tape has a black mineral reflection to it. It now matches the HK color pretty well. Then an alcohol wipe to remove impurities off the grip and a hairdryer to apply. If you've ever applied a Talon grip, this is how I applied it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension-image.jpeg   Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension-image.jpeg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

very nice, i also have the HKparts +1 and +2 on my mags.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I bought a roll of material that is used to make steps on boats. I've used it on many grips. I place a piece of paper over the grip and trace it with a pencil, then cut the shape in the material, a little larger than the traced shape. Then after trimming it for an exact fit I apply it, and the backing material then becomes my template for replacements or for additional sets of grips. It is rubbery in texture and works well with wet, slippery hands as one would expect since it's for marine use. I paid something $10 for the roll and still have enough to do many more sets of grips after applying it to many already. I've never owned a set of Talon grips but I believe the texture is very close. It looks great too! At least imo. Attached pic of one application I did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension-griptape.jpg  
    ------------------
    sc

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spentcase,
    Nice work. Yes the tape definitely improves the grip on slick or unfinished parts for sure. The plain aluminum of the +2 extension looked like it was screaming for this modification imho. Makes a HUGE difference.
    Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension-image.png
    Unfinished extension

Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension-image.jpeg
    Added grip tape, but not painted

Added Skateboard Tape to P30SK HkParts.net +2 Extension-image.jpeg
    Finished look

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

Not bad!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    I bought a roll of material that is used to make steps on boats. I've used it on many grips. I place a piece of paper over the grip and trace it with a pencil, then cut the shape in the material, a little larger than the traced shape. Then after trimming it for an exact fit I apply it, and the backing material then becomes my template for replacements or for additional sets of grips. It is rubbery in texture and works well with wet, slippery hands as one would expect since it's for marine use. I paid something $10 for the roll and still have enough to do many more sets of grips after applying it to many already. I've never owned a set of Talon grips but I believe the texture is very close. It looks great too! At least imo. Attached pic of one application I did.
    Wow, that Px4 looks sweet! If you hadn't said say, I'd swear that was Talon grip material. Did you buy the material online or locally?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watched an RealGuysReview video on youtube and you can watch him clearly drop the hammer with the de-cocker with a round chambered and nothing unusual happens. I wish I was there when H&K checks that pistol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DekNgo View Post
    Wow, that Px4 looks sweet! If you hadn't said say, I'd swear that was Talon grip material. Did you buy the material online or locally?
    Spentcase, Do you remember where you got the grip material?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure what others have been using but I use the 3M Safety-Walk tape (rubberized version). If I am not mistaken it comes in 1", 2" and 4" widths and can be found at most local hardware stores.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregBFL View Post
    Not sure what others have been using but I use the 3M Safety-Walk tape (rubberized version). If I am not mistaken it comes in 1", 2" and 4" widths and can be found at most local hardware stores.
    OK, thanks. I'll look for it locally.

Sponsored Links