P2000SK Hammer Spring - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: P2000SK Hammer Spring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I do understand the mechanics are different, and it's not DA/SA. When I said DA/SA above I used the term incorrectly to mean that the pull was the same every time. But I didn't know about the amount of pressure the mainspring (hammer spring?), put on the hammer. Or that you weren't actually feeling the weight of the hammer spring pressure. So what is it that you're pulling against on an LEM?
    ------------------
    sc

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The trigger return spring, the firing pin block spring and (I believe) that last bit of compression of the mainspring at sear break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you, I like learning new things!

I'd still like to know what a measured weight would be with the cut-down 10lb Wolfe spring. But until someone who has done it, and who also has a trigger scale, we can only estimate. Not that it's important to know. I opted out of the LEM because I thought the pull would be too light for my preference. That's why I'm curious to know what I've ended up with now that I have the lighter, cut-down spring in the gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I would bet it is still above 10 pounds.

If you want a DA/SA polymer gun with a lighter DA trigger and reliable ignition, get a P99. It's DA is 9 pounds. The Sphinx DA triggers are also pretty low.
    mikebxb likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You're probably right, but whatever this one is, I'm very happy with it. Still heavy enough to be very safe imo but not so heavy as it was originally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    Installed the 10lb Wolfe Hammer Spring that DamnYankeed sent to me. What a difference! Compared it to a Beretta with D Spring mod and I think they are with a pound or so. Don't have a scale so I can't say for sure but both feel so similar that practicing trigger control on one should help on the other as well.

Thanks DY!
    I'm ordering the 10# Wolff spring today. I am also a 92F fan and like the DA/SA similar manual of arms of my P2000sK but that DA pull is TOO hard. Spentcase, any problems, or caveats since you changed yours? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No issues whatsoever with mine. Love the P2Ks.
    mikebxb likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks that's encouraging. I also really love the quality build and accuracy of HK. This P2000SK is my first HK. I've won shooting competitions with it. Those were timed but two-handed. I'm finding as I get older, my off hand/single hand skills are hindered by the long and hard trigger pull on this one. I've got $900 in this pistol already and hesitant to throw more $$$ for an LEM V1 job (which I probably need) I'm a exposed hammer / old school type guy. I DONT do triggers with tab safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spentcase can you point me to a video of how to do this reduced weight Hammer spring install on the SK?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can't, but if memory serves all I did was remove the old hammer spring, set it beside the new, 12lb spring and cut the new one to match the old one in length, just as DamnYankee instructed. If you're hesitant to cut it that short, keep an extra coil on it and try that out. You can always take it back out and shorten it.. Your owner's manual should show you how to get to the hammer spring. It is not a hard thing to do at all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links