Experiences with and thoughts on the P2000SK
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiences with and thoughts on the P2000SK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Experiences with and thoughts on the P2000SK

So I'm new to the forum, and HKs, but not new to firearms.

I searched this forum and didn't find much in the way of posts specifically about the P2000SK. I am hoping mine will be delivered to my LGS today.
    I'm curious to know what others think of theirs. If you'd like to share, what I'd like to hear is:

What year was yours manufactured in?
    What variant it is (V1, V2, V3, etc)?
    What has its reliability been like?
    What mods have you done to it?
    Any issues that you may have encountered, and the resolution.

Also, generic information like:
    How hard is it to remove and install sights? (What direction should they come out and be pushed in from?
    What ammo does it NOT like, if any?
    Does it (and HKs in general), like to be run wet, moderately so, or more on the dry side?

Thanks!
    ------------------
    sc

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

The P2Ksk is a solid little piece. I carried one for years before I started carrying a P7M8. It never gave me a single problem, except that my high grip would ride the slide stop and sometimes it would fail to lock back when empty -- but that was more my probelm than the pistol's. I never used crap ammo and never lubed it very much and it ate everything.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I carry a P2000sk V2 LEM with night sights. Very concealable for either IWB appendix or at the back, and a its a very nice shooting pistol. Love the V2 because no safety, (has a hammer) but not one that sticks out, and definitely enjoy that trigger.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My only issue with them is the small grips and the awkward pinky extension. Otherwise I'd pick up the used one my LGS has

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My only issue with them is the small grips and the awkward pinky extension. Otherwise I'd pick up the used one my LGS has

I used the flush mags and just curled my pinky under. With a good, two handed grip it felt just as solid and a pistol with a full grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I used the flush mags and just curled my pinky under. With a good, two handed grip it felt just as solid and a pistol with a full grip.
    I can't do that. It bothers the hell out of me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

I love the pinky extension. Makes the SK grip feel rock solid in my hand. I have a flush base plate but I don't like it much so I put the pinky ext back on. I also added a set of Boodads grips (similar to Talons) and that helped with the slick feel of the SK a bunch.
    I had my NS professionally installed so I can't speak to that. Mine has had no issues ammo related or otherwise. It was manufactured in 2009 and is a V3. I may convert it to LEM though. I still haven't had a chance to shoot a LEM version so I'm not sure if that conversion will happen. No mods yet except for a Wolfe HS. I run mine on the dry side. Too much lube attracts dirt and lint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I love the pinky extension. Makes the SK grip feel rock solid in my hand. .
    It does. Except my pinky doesn't fit in it. More like over it. I end up having to press the rubber down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't address some of the questions you've ask - but from 2009 - 2014 (with CBP) we were issued and carried the P2000SK in .40 S&W. They were issued new to us, taking the place of the Glock 17 that we carried.

That said - as a duty gun, in a caliber I didn't like they proved to be more then adequate for the job and I would not want to be shot with a .40 S&W bullet! The first .40 ammo we carried reminded me of the old .45 ACP "Flying Ashtray" - the hollow point was probably 2/3 the diameter of the bullet; the second round was the same bullet used in the old Talon round, minus the nycladding.

The only quirk (and a potentially game stopper in a shooting situation) was if you weren't careful you could push the slide stop pin out far enough to lock the pistol up. Other then that - the pistol was more then adequate as a duty gun.
    Last edited by cwo4uscgret; 08-05-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)

It doesn't matter which direction you drift the sights (and to reinstall them). The basic method (punch + hammer + vise) works fine, but for a painless swap, try a MGW Sight Pusher (aka HK Sight Pusher) or spend a little more for the much better version MGW Sight PRO.

The Extended Mag Release (aka HK45C mag release) upgrade is a popular mod. Do a search on that and buy the part from HK Cust Svc or Brownells. You'll thank me later.

You may have heard of the low-profile Slide Release Lever mod but it gets mixed reviews. Do a search on that as well.

And the usual recommendation is use the Search function to your advantage.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links