Review of available magazine (pinky) extensions for VP9sk and P30sk - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Review of available magazine (pinky) extensions for VP9sk and P30sk

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The 13 round HK magazine and X-Grip adapter is what works best for me. Though I will but a couple HK factory 13 round extenders when available later this tear.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Golden Saber 124+p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    PPsniper, I understand your doubt and it is my consternation as well, reliability is top priority – I carry the P30SK.
    CCW, I find the HK/HK-Parts pinky+0 of minimal value as my pinky wrapped under the 10rd flat mag shoots/controls just fine. I haven’t seen/read extensive use/testing of the HK-Parts +2 floorplate and I wouldn’t be at ease with just the HK-Parts +2 swap, I would also swap out the spring (HKP214212).

Then with 12+1, I might as well do the coming-soon SK 13rd mag and retain HK/stock configuration – mother HK knows best. This would give me 13+1 Fed HST 124/+P JHP, + 10 or 15 (from my P30S) reload depending on attire.

My pinky does just fine with shorter grips also, but then I have hands that might be smaller than many. What is the spring swap you reference above....just to save me time...and effort....I am an old, lazy fart! <g>

That 13 round mag coming for the SK might be a great idea if it did not extend the grip much. But I suspect it will be like the "sleeved" extra round(s) magazines I had for my Springfield XDS and other carry pistols. The grip length on the VP9SK is about the longest I want to carry. Maybe it's just my particular physique, but my SIG P250 has nearly identical dimensions, and it's borderline for carry. But to make up for that, it has 12 rounds. I suppose I'll do nothing for now....just use the VP9SK when it arrives for awhile and hopefully the 13 round mag arrives soon.....I have heard November this year. But I suspect the 13 round magazine will be longer than the 10 or the 10+2 HKParts extension.

BTW, the second mag with the VP9SK purchase has a pinky extension, which I will never use, even at the range. I do not need just the grip extension. I guess I will try to trade it for the flat floor plate model, or simply replace the floor plate with an HK OEM one. But then again, I may get an HKParts 10+2 extension and run 200 rounds or so through it....that's the least I do with any potential carry pistol before I'll carry it.

Referencing up to the gent who believes 10 rounds are enough. Sure. Could be. But maybe not. What is the logical amount to carry? And how many additional magazines? I always plan to carry one additional magazine whether I'm carrying a Kahr 380 or a double stack something-or-other....but I get lazy about 75% of the time and just go with the pistol in a IWB or pocket holster. Now when I was still a LEO, it was different. I always had at least one additional magazine when carrying off duty.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Glad to hear at least one fellow has had a bit of testing with the H&KPart 2 round extension.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I tried everything available at the time. I finally decided the best grip extension for the P30SK was a P30.

Not knocking the SK just did not like the short grip or any of the pinky extensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papersniper View Post
    My pinky does just fine with shorter grips also, but then I have hands that might be smaller than many. What is the spring swap you reference above....just to save me time...and effort....I am an old, lazy fart! <g>

That 13 round mag coming for the SK might be a great idea if it did not extend the grip much. But I suspect it will be like the "sleeved" extra round(s) magazines I had for my Springfield XDS and other carry pistols. The grip length on the VP9SK is about the longest I want to carry. Maybe it's just my particular physique, but my SIG P250 has nearly identical dimensions, and it's borderline for carry. But to make up for that, it has 12 rounds. I suppose I'll do nothing for now....just use the VP9SK when it arrives for awhile and hopefully the 13 round mag arrives soon.....I have heard November this year. But I suspect the 13 round magazine will be longer than the 10 or the 10+2 HKParts extension.

BTW, the second mag with the VP9SK purchase has a pinky extension, which I will never use, even at the range. I do not need just the grip extension. I guess I will try to trade it for the flat floor plate model, or simply replace the floor plate with an HK OEM one. But then again, I may get an HKParts 10+2 extension and run 200 rounds or so through it....that's the least I do with any potential carry pistol before I'll carry it.

Referencing up to the gent who believes 10 rounds are enough. Sure. Could be. But maybe not. What is the logical amount to carry? And how many additional magazines? I always plan to carry one additional magazine whether I'm carrying a Kahr 380 or a double stack something-or-other....but I get lazy about 75% of the time and just go with the pistol in a IWB or pocket holster. Now when I was still a LEO, it was different. I always had at least one additional magazine when carrying off duty.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Glad to hear at least one fellow has had a bit of testing with the H&KPart 2 round extension.
    Spare mags aren't just a consideration for round count/capacity. 90% of semi auto pistol failures are magazine related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick1069 View Post
    Spare mags aren't just a consideration for round count/capacity. 90% of semi auto pistol failures are magazine related.
    I did not realize it was quite that high, but yes, that is a good point. OTOH, in 50 years of pistol shooting and 12 yrs as a LEO I recall only 1 magazine failure that I could identify as such. That was with a Clark 1911 Bullseye 45acp. The floorplate "dropped off" and my rounds dropped to the deck. I think that was my fault from incorrectly reassembling the magazine after a cleaning. I've had plenty of FTFs and FTEs <completely>, but a mag change was not required to fix those, just cycling the slide did the trick.....knock on wood....<g>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a difference in the full size and compact magazines other than length? In other words, would the mag extensions work on a full size magazine?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The factory pinkey extension fits my hand perfectly.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Is there a difference in the full size and compact magazines other than length? In other words, would the mag extensions work on a full size magazine?
    Here is what will be available later this year and will work with both VP9SK and P30SK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 15 round clip shown also fits your hand well but ads a little weight.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links