Review of available magazine (pinky) extensions for VP9sk and P30sk - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Review of available magazine (pinky) extensions for VP9sk and P30sk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quick question. Does anyone use the magazine loader?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Is there a difference in the full size and compact magazines other than length? In other words, would the mag extensions work on a full size magazine?
    Since the full sized VP9 (and I expect the P30 also) fits the grip of the smaller SK model, I cannot image how they are different other that in length. A quick call to HKParts would confirm that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerguy View Post
    Quick question. Does anyone use the magazine loader?
    I have the OEM magazine loader that came with my VP9 full sized, but found it to not work very well for me. Since I have a bunch of different double-stack pistols I bought one of those expensive UpLULA universal loaders that work very, very well. I have S&W M&P 9c 12 round magazines that are nearly impossible for my feeble hands to fully load manually. At the shooting range I usually always use a full magazine with one in the chamber to "mimic" carry conditions, so loading the last round or two manually can be a real challenge.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can anyone confirm the two ten round magazines shipped with the VP9SK are identical other than the "pinky" extension on the one? I don't need that, and will probably attempt to trade for a magazine without that extension, or perhaps just the floor plate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papersniper View Post
    Can anyone confirm the two ten round magazines shipped with the VP9SK are identical other than the "pinky" extension on the one? I don't need that, and will probably attempt to trade for a magazine without that extension, or perhaps just the floor plate.
    Yes they are identical. The pinky extension is just part of the floor plate. Just buy a standard flat one and swap it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    My view is you cannot script a (high-stress) gunfight.
    How many of those 11 are major organ or actual hits? 2 opponents, how many rounds per? Is the perpetrator on drugs?
    Never say never, my carry mag is relative to what I can conceal and be comfortable.

What is your SD ammo?
    Totally agree. I wish I had seen this post before I made mine, but I elected to go with the HKParts +2 base and the ebay sleeve (bbrnkyle) for a 15 round magazine. I really like the way the HKParts +2 feels and looks. Installation is very easy and it has two small set screws (allen wrench provided with base) to lock it on the magazine. So far I have put 150 rounds through it and I have had no feeding issues and it is still firmly locked in place. When you look at the price it's a pretty good deal because some of the Glock magazine extensions are almost twice the price.

The ebay sleeve fits tightly on a 15 round magazine, and when I say tight, I mean tight. Shot 50 rounds using it as well and again, no issues and it did not budge. I have not seen the X-Grip sleeve in person but from some of the photos I have seen, it looks as though it may have some gaps when installed. I am thinking about adding some type of grip tape or stippling it to give it a better grip but other than that I am completely happy with it

One thing I am very concerned about is printing. I have a VP9 I carry Appendix IWB and depending on the type of shirt I am wearing, I sometimes has issues with the base of the grip showing. That is the primary reason I purchased the VP9SK. For those interested I have Trijicon HD's installed on my VP9SK which appear to be slightly taller than the OEM 3 dot sights. With the handgun standing on the sights, the overall height of the flat OEM base measures 4 5/8", with the OEM Pinkie extension it measures 5 3/8", with the HKParts +2 extension it measures 5 1/8" and with the 15 round magazine/sleeve it measures 5 1/2". It's hard to explain but the way the HKParts +2 is machined it really works well to minimize printing and for my medium size hands, it allows for a perfect 3 finger grip. I am currently carrying mine in an Appendix IWB holster (mag caddy incorporated) with the +2 extension with a 15 rounder. That's a total of 28 rounds of Federal HST's which should get the job done and hopefully I will never have to find out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick1069 View Post
    Yes they are identical. The pinky extension is just part of the floor plate. Just buy a standard flat one and swap it out.
    Thanks Slick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregBFL View Post
    One thing I am very concerned about is printing. I have a VP9 I carry Appendix IWB and depending on the type of shirt I am wearing, I sometimes has issues with the base of the grip showing. That is the primary reason I purchased the VP9SK. For those interested I have Trijicon HD's installed on my VP9SK which appear to be slightly taller than the OEM 3 dot sights. With the handgun standing on the sights, the overall height of the flat OEM base measures 4 5/8", with the OEM Pinkie extension it measures 5 3/8", with the HKParts +2 extension it measures 5 1/8" and with the 15 round magazine/sleeve it measures 5 1/2". It's hard to explain but the way the HKParts +2 is machined it really works well to minimize printing and for my medium size hands, it allows for a perfect 3 finger grip. I am currently carrying mine in an Appendix IWB holster (mag caddy incorporated) with the +2 extension with a 15 rounder. That's a total of 28 rounds of Federal HST's which should get the job done and hopefully I will never have to find out.
    I think your solution is smart. But then I am planning to do the same. <g> I carry 90% of my CC pistols appendix IWB, generally under a T-shirt, Hawaiian or "golf" shirt. I am glad you posted the info you did. I also have a full scale VP9 but have never carried it as it seems to tall and long for me. I tried once and it was uncomfortable sitting, and definitely printed when standing. I bought the SK for that reason. However, I would like to have more than the 10 round magazines, and carrying a spare 15 rounder seems like a good idea, although I wonder about it printing. I plan to wear a horizontal MagHolder (OWB) around 8-11 o'clock on my support side. How is printing for your 15 round magazine? For the 10 round mags, I don't really need the pinky extension, but I will probably get one HKParts +2 extension for my flat base 10 round magazine. I'll give it about a 200 round wear in then carry it in the pistol (assuming it functions 100%). Assuming the 15 round magazine doesn't print, I'll use that as my spare. Otherwise I'll ad the HKParts +2 to the second OEM and carry that....or maybe the upcoming 13 round SK magazine.....all depending on printing.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

To me, a 15rd mag print (if it does) is a non-issue. In/out waistband, it’s no different than a Leatherman print. In pocket, it’s a cellphone print (or you’re just excited to see someone). The incident is probably over after 13+1, 15 reload is when you're in defense mode, under cover, in retreat.
    Appendix carry, I never do that, especially with a striker (why all mine are hammers)… You’re pointing at the source of your descendants.
    Last edited by GasGuzz; 07-12-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Appendix carry, I never do that, especially with a striker (why all mine are hammers)… You’re pointing at the source of your descendants.
    Heh heh, my descendants are all taken care of friend, I'm a 70 gun nut who's "fathering" days are long past.

Funny you mention that, however. That's the reason I don't carry a hammer fired pistol, but prefer a striker! We're all different as far as what makes us comfortable, but a hammer fired pistol, unless it's a DAO (SIG P250, H&K USP, hammerless revolver, etc) makes me very nervous....I'd be afraid I'd neglect the safety on a single action semi-automatic....and those light trigger pulls are nice when you shoot, but not so nice when you have an AD! If I carried but one gun, I'd have no problem developing the muscle memory, etc with rigorous training. However, 97% of my pistols are striker fired. That's what I used in the PD, and so that muscle memory is there.....i.e., there is no safety (on any of mine). So to give my old brain a break, I only carry striker fired pistols or a DAO without a safety, and both without a magazine disconnect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links