USP 45 slide lock failing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: USP 45 slide lock failing

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I don't know what you're referring to. Did you miss the part where OP said he bought a police trade-in and the magazines look like they've seen a lot of use?[/QUOTE]

I was pointing out that even with all new parts, this still happens. The age and spring tension of the mags is not known, since PD rotates mags during training. My initial advice was even parroted by you partially, so troll someplace else. Have a nice weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Condition0; 07-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S404 View Post
    In what world is it assumed that the removal of the slide catch spring is routine in a normal field strip?
    I don't see anywhere in the thread where this assumption took place. Mind pointing that out?

I simply suggested to the OP that he check the spring to make sure it is not broken or missing. It is a police trade-in so anything could happen. I sure did not assume that he removed the spring during any normal or abnormal field strip.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

For now I would check what TooSixy advised, tear down all mags and clean them up.

I would also order as many new mags as you think you need. Spring kits are fine, but still don't address worn followers which may hamper reliable feeding.

Let's us know when you resolve the issue.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry for long absence, have been putting this off for some reason. I swapped magazine springs and that does indeed seem to be the issue. There is one working spring. I'll try cleaning them but I'll likely end up just ordering 2 new springs.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links