P30 accidental decocker discharge - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 accidental decocker discharge

JFM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be honest that I probably got more worried than need be. I sent a PM to someone whose opinion I respect. Then did quite a bit of reading and tinkering myself.

After reading through what Marine0303 had to say. Even though these parts are closely connected, the last part to be moved is the firing in block itself. Which is a physical piece blocking the firing pin from striking a round. The only way to move that is to pull the trigger.

So in what fashion could this system fail. I guess one could surmise a firing bin block could not return to the blocking position somehow? But that would be a pretty major failure and probably very noticeable with the trigger.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, I very well could be. But I did stay at a holiday in last night.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JFM View Post
    I'll be honest that I probably got more worried than need be. I sent a PM to someone whose opinion I respect. Then did quite a bit of reading and tinkering myself.

After reading through what Marine0303 had to say. Even though these parts are closely connected, the last part to be moved is the firing in block itself. Which is a physical piece blocking the firing pin from striking a round. The only way to move that is to pull the trigger.

So in what fashion could this system fail. I guess one could surmise a firing bin block could not return to the blocking position somehow? But that would be a pretty major failure and probably very noticeable with the trigger.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, I very well could be. But I did stay at a holiday in last night.
    As I thought I've pointed out several times, the firing pin block is not designed to be struck by the firing pin. So if it was struck frequently because the Hammer Catch isn't working, the FPB is going to not slide smoothly in its channel after enough abuse.

But it is a very easy part to verify is working smoothly - just lock open the slide and give it a poke.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Speaking of lower tiered pistols, my Bulgarian Makarov decocks flawlessly and I can see the hammer is not flush to the frame when it decocks.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erickw View Post
    How was you thumb not broken off after the discharge?! I'm glad to hear no one was injured!
    This...

I've de-cocked my P30 thousands of times with a round in the chamber and never had an issue. For sure I keep it pointed in a safe direction when I do so.

I will say it is the most forceful loud and abrupt de-cock of any DA/SA pistol I own. I'm a fan of the Sig style de-cock, it's a lot less harsh and rather gentle and smooth.

I'm curious to hear what HK says.
    "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    Speaking of lower tiered pistols, my Bulgarian Makarov decocks flawlessly and I can see the hammer is not flush to the frame when it decocks.
    That's because it has a full length firing pin and no automatic FPB. The hammer can never rest on the firing pin. But Makarov's are safet guns.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm curious to see what HK says once they evaluate the pistol.
    HK USC 45 Carbine
    P30S 9mm with Gray Guns Carry Perfection package
    USPf9 with Match Trigger
    P30L v1 LEM .40 S&W
    P2000 v2 LEM 9mm
    VP9

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think OP will have a new procedure to clear and make safe his weapon going forward.

Remove mag
    Rack slide/eject round
    Visual inspect chamber/finger bang the magwell
    Pull trigger/drop hammer (no need for silly hammer drop button)
    USP 9 V1 (KD) | P30S 9 (BA) | P30LS 9 (BA) | P30LV1 9 (BF) | VP9 (BF) | USP 9 Expert/JF (BD) | USP 45 Match (KH) | USP 45 Expert (KK) | P7M8 (IE/KD) | MK23 (BD) | HK P30SK V1 (BF) | P7M13 (TBD)
    MR556-Comp (BE) | MR556P (BF)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

= carrying without one in the chamber?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    If the right side of the leaf spring were to fail / break, the needed pressure on the hammer catch to remain engaged, would not be present. If it was in the disengaged position and the gun was decocked, the hammer would strike the firing pin. HOWEVER, ignition would only occur if the FPBS was wedged in the up position. Either though a broken firing pin block spring or a burr. Still a cascade of multiple failures in order for this to happen.
    i broke the LEFT leg of the sear spring this weekend
    result was the hammer would not stay back in double action
    P30 accidental decocker discharge-19988913_1372912466157752_2059878351_n.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They always say, not if one will happen but when. Thats what I was taught.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links