P30 accidental decocker discharge - Page 13
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 accidental decocker discharge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know this is a concern to most everyone that owns H&K pistol. I have a new USP Tactical 9mm I just bought and was shocked the first time I used the de-cocker. I was used to the Sig that has a very gentle smooth motion with the de-cocking. I am also waiting to hear what H&K has to say.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

When I started shooting there was no Decock feature on handguns.

I never use the Decock feature on my USP's. Converted a USP Compact to V9, and it works very well.

Curious what this P30 is doing
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    When I started shooting there was no Decock feature on handguns.

I never use the Decock feature on my USP's. Converted a USP Compact to V9, and it works very well.

Curious what this P30 is doing
    You started shooting in the 1920s?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went to the range with my P30SK and had NO issue using the de-cocker. I used it every time I loaded a fresh mag.

Still curious though. I hope the OP hears back soon.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

For this to happen 2 (two) safety mechanisms would need to fail simultaneously. First is hammer safety catch, second is firing pin block. This scenario has so low probability, that I do not see it happening.

Also even if firing pin block fails it would not happen without hammer safety catch (HSC) failure. What could happen there?

1. HSC simply broke of (material failure)
    2. HSC did not reset properly to upward position (broken spring, debris in mechanism).

What can happen to firing pin block (FPB)?

1. FBP could get stuck in upward position (debris, broken spring).
    2. Firing pin could broke in half at his very moment and forward part of firing pin could reach primer (in this case rear part of firing pin can drop from slide).

If something from first list, meets something from second list at same time, then AD on de-cocking can happen. With this 2 stages of safety it is very safe system, but there is always a risk. And then we go to basics of firearms safety.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is what I was thinking too. Low chance ≠ zero, though. Your comment on basic firearm safety applies.

I think OP should buy a lottery ticket.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm_shooter View Post
    This is what I was thinking too. Low chance ≠ zero, though. Your comment on basic firearm safety applies.

I think OP should buy a lottery ticket.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I think he pulled the trigger in which case his money would be better spent on more training

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think if this was me I would have gone to the range and tried to repeat the problem. Maybe he did pull the trigger without realizing it. If he gets it back from HK with no problem found then what? Sell the gun, keep it. Move on to a non decock model. This is going to be interesting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    For this to happen 2 (two) safety mechanisms would need to fail simultaneously. First is hammer safety catch, second is firing pin block. This scenario has so low probability, that I do not see it happening.

Also even if firing pin block fails it would not happen without hammer safety catch (HSC) failure. What could happen there?

1. HSC simply broke of (material failure)
    2. HSC did not reset properly to upward position (broken spring, debris in mechanism).

What can happen to firing pin block (FPB)?

1. FBP could get stuck in upward position (debris, broken spring).
    2. Firing pin could broke in half at his very moment and forward part of firing pin could reach primer (in this case rear part of firing pin can drop from slide).

If something from first list, meets something from second list at same time, then AD on de-cocking can happen. With this 2 stages of safety it is very safe system, but there is always a risk. And then we go to basics of firearms safety.
    Or, as I pointed out, if the HSC had failed to reset for some time, the FPB would get whacked by the firing pin on every decock, which would eventually cause the FPB to stick in the up position.

It doesn't require two separate and coincidental failures. One failure can lead directly to the other.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

How about we all just wait and see what HKCS has to say, after they test the handgun and break it down and check for damaged parts? I'm sure @Handy 's theory is possible, but I tend to fall in line with @Montrala on this one, absent info from HKCS.

It is basically hurry up and wait time for all of us, until we hear back from HKCS.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper