P30 accidental decocker discharge - Page 23
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: P30 accidental decocker discharge

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indreams84 View Post
    High-5 to the OP with a whole 12 posts who managed to generate furious internet activity.
    Those 12 posts doesnt earn much credibility hence the nd/ad verdict...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Go to the range. Point your weapon at the berm. Decock the sonofabitch 1000 times. Accept that you somehow pulled the trigger. Move on.
    Exactly, it looks more like this an ND in my opinion. I doubt H&K would return a defective firearm, or lie and secretly fix it.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    Exactly, it looks more like this an ND in my opinion. I doubt H&K would return a defective firearm, or lie and secretly fix it.
    The OPs P30 isn't necessarily defective. It just suffered a failure that any of them are able to due to a design deficiency that no one is the US CS team is going to comment on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    The OPs P30 isn't necessarily defective. It just suffered a failure that any of them are able to due to a design deficiency that no one is the US CS team is going to comment on.
    Right, it's so much more plausible that such an incredibly unlikely set of circumstances came to pass, followed by a cover up no less, than somebody simply touching the trigger when they didn't mean to. Seriously, bud, why are you so invested in this?
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

GJM
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There is another possibility. With a LEM trigger, the trigger is well forward of the paddle mag release, but with a DA/SA HK in SA, the trigger is extremely close to the paddle release. It is possible the OP depressed the paddle release to remove the magazine, left his finger there, went to decock the pistol, and while starting the decock motion, pressed the trigger without realizing it.

PC7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Occam's razor

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Right, it's so much more plausible that such an incredibly unlikely set of circumstances came to pass, followed by a cover up no less, than somebody simply touching the trigger when they didn't mean to. Seriously, bud, why are you so invested in this?
    How incredibly unlikely are the set of circumstances? What cover up?

It is clear you have an emotional investment in every post in this thread. Let's hear your expertise in the matter.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

How incredibly unlikely are the set of circumstances? What cover up?

It is clear you have an emotional investment in every post in this thread. Let's hear your expertise in the matter.
    To whom could that possibly be clear save you? (Although I admit amusement on a personal level at your distrust for modern medicine). What emotional stake could I possibly have in someone else's pistol? The best pistols -- those in which I could be construed as having emotional investment -- don't have a need for a decocker at all.

But you act as though the prevailing conclusion -- that it was a ND -- is somehow an affront to your technical musings. The default conclusion without further evidence is the simplest one, not that a reliable system failed and HK cs is lying to the guy. He never even repeated the failure! So I'm genuinely curious why your so married to your theory that you respond to anyone who is not in agreement with aggressive verbiage like "ludicrous" and "obnoxiously typical", even after the thread has reached its conclusion. Ego?
    Last edited by bastardsonofelvis; 07-25-2017 at 05:33 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

To whom could that possibly be clear save you? (Although I admit amusement on a personal level at your distrust for modern medicine). What emotional stake could I possibly have in someone else's pistol? You act as though the prevailing conclusion -- that it was a ND -- is somehow an affront to your technical musings. The default conclusion is the simplest one, not that a reliable system failed and HK cs is lying to the guy. So I'm genuinely curious why your so married to your theory that you respond to anyone who is not in agreement with aggressive verbiage like "ludicrous" and "obnoxiously typical", even after the thread has reached its conclusion. Ego?
    Your first appearance on this thread was to disparage and you have continued with every post. You are a personal affront, not to any "technical musings" which I have no reason to believe you even understand in your rush to shut down a discussion.

And I didn't say HK CS lied. Quote me, smart guy.

As for my "distrust in modern medicine", if I see any "modern medicine" I'll let you know. Just took my wife to yet another appointment where the doctor spent his time monitoring the clock and imitating the bedside manner of a brick while he repeated our questions back to us as if they were his thoughts. Given the way you act on this forum I'm sure you also do a great job of largely ignoring your patients while making "default conclusions" and discounting anything but the simplest causes. "Have you been under any stress lately?" says the medical 'expert' to the chronic pain sufferer.

You should worry less about "internet experts" and more about "internet buffoons".

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Your first appearance on this thread was to disparage and you have continued with every post. You are a personal affront, not to any "technical musings" which I have no reason to believe you even understand in your rush to shut down a discussion.

And I didn't say HK CS lied. Quote me, smart guy.

As for my "distrust in modern medicine", if I see any "modern medicine" I'll let you know. Just took my wife to yet another appointment where the doctor spent his time monitoring the clock and imitating the bedside manner of a brick while he repeated our questions back to us as if they were his thoughts. Given the way you act on this forum I'm sure you also do a great job of largely ignoring your patients while making "default conclusions" and discounting anything but the simplest causes. "Have you been under any stress lately?" says the medical 'expert' to the chronic pain sufferer.

You should worry less about "internet experts" and more about "internet buffoons".
    I notice you didn't answer the question.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Sponsored Links