P30 accidental decocker discharge - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 accidental decocker discharge

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    You can dry-test the FPBS by lowering the hammer ala revolver.
    Pulling/holding the trigger and lowering the hammer, you’ll see/feel it rest on the FP = bang. Release the trigger > pull the hammer some until you hear a click, this is the safety notch (FPBS engaging). Then as you release the hammer it will rest on the safety-notch/FPBS, you can see the gap between the hammer and FP = no bang.
    I think you are confusing the safety notch with the FPBS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poydras View Post
    A cartridge remained in the chamber with the hammer cocked. I was going to unload the bullet from the chamber by first pressing the decocker and then racking the slide to eject the shell from the chamber.
    Why would you decock before ejecting the cartridge to begin with? Racking the slide to eject the round would just cock the hammer again, and having to rack against a decocked hammer takes more effort to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    What theory?
    I, too, am wondering what theory there is to test. If what happened happened exactly as it was stated in the first post, it was nothing more than a mechanical failure, which while very dangerous, is inherently extremely unlikely to occur, particularly given how this is the first time I've heard of such a thing with an H&K P-series. It's certainly an issue you can test for, but it hardly requires the range.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-10-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Handy - You're probably right, I may be using the wrong terminology.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

JFM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something isn't right here. This is a big claim as well. A modern H&K P series firing when pressing the de-cocker? Has the gun been worked on, has it been detail stripped and if so by whom?

I have multiple P30's and have never had an issue. The first unnerved me a bit with how quickly the hammer dropped, but I checked the primer and there wasn't even the faintest mark.

Think about people who live in apartment complexes. There truly is no safe direction.

I'd like some more information from the OP. I'm also certain some H&K armorers would like to get their hands on this particular P30 if this is indeed happening.

I also want to note that I'm glad the OP was unharmed. I hope my post didn't come across as too aggressive or dismissive.
    Last edited by JFM; 07-10-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This would involve a cascade of parts failures. Worn sear and / or hammer, broken hammer catch, and disengaged / faulty FPB.

ETA: My P30 developed hammer follow after about 30k times working the decocker. This was caused by a combination of a worn sear / hammer, and taken care of by HK.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 07-10-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    This would involve a cascade of parts failures. Worn sear and / or hammer, broken hammer catch, and disengaged / faulty FPB.

ETA: My P30 developed hammer follow after about 30k times working the decocker. This was caused by a combination of a worn sear / hammer, and taken care of by HK.
    30k times decocking holy smokes. That I believe is testament to how over engineered these parts are. That is some serious shooting you are doing with your gun and one might expect a failure much earlier. Well done HK

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I, too, am wondering what theory there is to test. It's certainly an issue you can test for, but it hardly requires the range.

For my own piece of mind I'm going to intensely test all my de Cockers on ALL MY PISTOLS, just for the sake of knowing they all work.

And I will test them at the range, as I'm not going to decock with a live rd sitting on my couch :)
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JFM View Post
    Think about people who live in apartment complexes. There truly is no safe direction.
    This has been something of a worry of mine. I've decocked on a loaded chamber in my apartment many times. I'm a bit better off having a top-floor end unit. I use up as my safe direction. After going through the sub-ceiling and roof I don't think there would be enough energy left to fall back down fast enough to hurt someone. My only other remotely possible option is through one side wall and into a small wooded area, hoping it would embed in a tree before making it through to the apartments on the other side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30 accidental decocker discharge

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    For my own piece of mind I'm going to intensely test all my de Cockers on ALL MY PISTOLS, just for the sake of knowing they all work.

And I will test them at the range, as I'm not going to decock with a live rd sitting on my couch :)
    You can test without a live round. Once you decock you can visually see if the hammer is resting all the way in the slide or if it's catching where it should with the decocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zart312; 07-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How was you thumb not broken off after the discharge?! I'm glad to hear no one was injured!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links