P30 accidental decocker discharge - Page 4
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 accidental decocker discharge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30 accidental decocker discharge

Duplicate
    Last edited by zart312; 07-10-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    This would involve a cascade of parts failures. Worn sear and / or hammer, broken hammer catch, and disengaged / faulty FPB.

ETA: My P30 developed hammer follow after about 30k times working the decocker. This was caused by a combination of a worn sear / hammer, and taken care of by HK.
    As I posted earlier, one failure can eventually lead to another. The FPB is not designed to actually catch the firing pin continuously, and if it does happen too often it will no longer move under spring pressure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    For my own piece of mind I'm going to intensely test all my de Cockers on ALL MY PISTOLS, just for the sake of knowing they all work.

And I will test them at the range, as I'm not going to decock with a live rd sitting on my couch :)
    The point is, there is zero need to test with a live round, as other have noted. Also, what would the testing show? Do you not regularly decock to begin with? I doubt that it would be an intermittent failure, given the most probable mode of failure, but something that happens consistently once it occurs, so doing a bunch of decocking all at once doesn't really give you additional data. Beyond that, as previously noted, this is an extremely unlikely occurrence to begin with; would you go and chamber your AR a hundred times just to see if a slamfire occurs, after hearing about one?

Quote Originally Posted by erickw View Post
    How was you thumb not broken off after the discharge?! I'm glad to hear no one was injured!
    It doesn't really impart that much energy. Using your slide to keep the slide in battery for a contact shot is a semi-commonly taught technique, the theory being getting that single shot is better than zero shots due to the slide being pushed out of battery. Personally not a fan of the technique due to other considerations, but it does illustrate that the slide really doesn't have that much power behind it.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-10-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Glad no-one was hurt, will certainly follow this thread for informational purposes.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erickw View Post
    How was you thumb not broken off after the discharge?! I'm glad to hear no one was injured!
    A very good question! I am interested to hear more info from the OP. This is a little strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's crazy and glad no one was hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Has no one mentioned that it sounds much more likely that it was operator error? Reeks of negligent discharge to me. Glad no one was hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CK30 View Post
    Has no one mentioned that it sounds much more likely that it was operator error? Reeks of negligent discharge to me. Glad no one was hurt.
    What in the OP's post would indicate an ND?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The gun is about three years old. It had approx 300 rounds through it and is factory original. I used the decoker without problem in the past. I always used CLP in cleaning the gun. I spoke to HK customer service this morning and was given authorization and instructions to return the gun. They were very helpful. I will let everyone know what I learn.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poydras View Post
    The gun is about three years old. It had approx 300 rounds through it and is factory original. I used the decoker without problem in the past. I always used CLP in cleaning the gun. I spoke to HK customer service this morning and was given authorization and instructions to return the gun. They were very helpful. I will let everyone know what I learn.
    Thank you for keeping us posted.

I don't suppose you had ever noted in the past whether the decocker was dropping the hammer to intercept (half cock) or full down?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links