Vp9sk or P30sk? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vp9sk or P30sk?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

P30sk LEM 4.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well I found a new vp9sk for $476, standard sights obviously but that is as cheap as I have seen p30sk's. I usually worry about guns this new but the vp9 is identical internals and it seems to be a proven gun. vp9sk it is !!
    EAA SAR K2P 9mm
    Taurus PT111 G2 9mm
    Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
    Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    S&W Bodyguard .380
    Sig Mosquito 22lr
    Walther P22 22lr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPop View Post
    well I found a new vp9sk for $476, standard sights obviously but that is as cheap as I have seen p30sk's. I usually worry about guns this new but the vp9 is identical internals and it seems to be a proven gun. vp9sk it is !!

wouldn't worry about the newness of the SK. just a mini version of the VP itself. mine runs flawless and so should yours.

Congrats on the price, can't beat that!
    “We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So i havent pulled out a scale but...i have a vp9 and p30sk. The p30 feels as heavy as the vp9. I have to imagine the vp9sk has to be the lightest of the 3. Love both my guns but weight would be a consideration for me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    Get both?
    best answer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm moving away from striker fired because I feel hammer fired is right for me. Carrying both is like driving more than one car and having a mixture of auto and manual shift trannys. If you drive the auto more and you use your left foot for the brake then when driving the manual you might find yourself jamming on the clutch when you should be braking. I remind myself when I drive my "sunshine" car which is a six-speed manual, "right foot brake, right foot brake". Yes I do talk to myself. Most older people do :)

With guns it's the same, muscle memory is what takes over in stressful situations as well as those that require fast reactions. And I don't want to be in a situation where I've fired a gun unintentionally because I happen to be carrying a lighter trigger in either the same manual of arms or one that is different altogether. Outside of such a situation I seem to think I'd rather die than to shoot someone unintentionally. One can train for both types but for me at least to err on the side of caution and only carry one type, and having all of them close in trigger weight is how I approach it. For carry purposes. YMMV.

FWIW it is not hard to lighten the trigger weight of most DA and DA/SA triggers (for DA pull). My P2KSK with a Wolfe 10lb spring cut down to fit is now very close to Berettas with D Springs, and the DAO guns that I own. That too is part of my approach to safe carry.
    ------------------
    sc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where is the VP9SK manufactured, Germany, NH, GA or ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get both, I have the Lite LEM trigger on the P30SK.
    It's all in what you train and practice with on which one you will like.
    If you don't practice and just want a gun for CCW then get the VP9SK.

Last edited by RockyRiver; 07-14-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys, I really like the idea of getting both. Now... I'll pay for one and you guys all pitch in and buy me the other one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I picked up a P30 right after they were introduced years ago and it is one of my favorite pistols. I purchased my VP earlier this year and fell in love with it as well. When I decided to purchase a sub-compact the VP9SK was not released yet and I had my sights set on the P30SK and came very close to purchasing one. Then I saw a post here where H&K had released the SFP9 SK so I decided to wait until the VP9SK was released. I was hoping to find one at a LGS and it never happened so I took a leap of H&K faith and purchased on online. I immediately fell in love with after the first 50 flawless rounds. The trigger on my P30 was good and became better and better as the round count grew. I know there was some posts about a bump with the VP9 when it was first released, but mine was manufactured late in 2016 and it was smooth as silk right out of the box.

Within a week of purchasing the VP9 I also picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4 (my first Glock) and liked it a lot except for the trigger. After owning 1911's for 30+ years, SIG P226/P229's, and a bunch of H&K's the feel of the G19 trigger was less than appealing .... to say the least. Since then I have replaced the G19 trigger with an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger and it made a huge improvement. All that being said, I was anxious when I opened the VP9SK case and pulled the trigger for the first time. Much to my delight I found it to be better than any of my other striker fired pistols. I don't know if H&K has made minor changes to the design smoothing/polishing but it is fantastic. Buttery smooth take-up, crisp break and nice reset. All that and it measures a consistent 4 3/4 lb pull on my scale. I'm glad I went with the VP9SK but I am sure that I will end up purchasing the P30SK at some time so that the P30 doesn't feel like a red-headed step child. Now if H&K would just release a sub-compact single stack.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links