Dark Side Feeling Imminent... Can Resist No Longer
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side Feeling Imminent... Can Resist No Longer

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Dark Side Feeling Imminent... Can Resist No Longer

Going against the grain here given current market trends away form larger calibers... but I have been wrestling the idea of moving away from my USP Compact LEM in 9mm I have for EDC. I had been planning on making the move to either the P30L in .40S&W or the HK45 Compact. This current magazine promotion HK is running has gotten the priority level determined for me to just get the better deal of the two currently.

That being said, I am not convinced that I really am getting an 'upgrade' in the P30 series over the USP Compact. Does anybody else here feel this way after extensive use with both series offerings? I mean, having a picatinny rail integral is nice but I have MR-08 Surefire adaptor for USPC. Everything else is up for debate it seems, depending on how you look at it.

Regarding the HK45C, I really like a lot about it but the price tag and capacity. If I get one the best I figure I could do is about $700 roughly for a good shaped used example. Then me being the kind to want to know the state of my weapon I'd worry internals were not up to par and send it off to get examined by an armorer. That is much more than I can swing right now, so not an easy choice either way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

this may not answer your question but I carry a HK45C as my EDC, and I love it as a carry gun.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Dark Side Feeling Imminent... Can Resist No Longer

If I was to ever move off of my USPc 9mm for EDC it would most certainly not be for a P30L especially in 40. For me it tends to be about caliber. I own so much 9mm that I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of buying other calibers again- been there, done that. The only HKs that tempt me in another caliber are the Mk23 & HK45C. But there is so much to love about the USPc. I owned the P30L in 9mm and ended up selling it. All of the P30 series & the VPs negatively interact with my long fingers/hands. I can't get a locked back slide on an empty mag with any sort of regularity. I know, it's my grip. I'm just not willing to chop my fingers off to make them work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hoghunter; 07-11-2017 at 02:48 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I lean more towards my USP .45 compact over my P30sk in 9mm. I still have both in my carry rotation.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    this may not answer your question but I carry a HK45C as my EDC, and I love it as a carry gun.
    Me too, very easily and comfortably concealed
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

USP > P30!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well, I gone and done it now... grabbed a new old stock P30L in .40 BD date code for $545 shipped on GB. Bittersweet since this marks the end of my life with my USP Compact, unfortunately can't keep them both right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You know those stories on here where a guy sells a pistol and regrets it. This is the beginning of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    Well, I gone and done it now... grabbed a new old stock P30L in .40 BD date code for $545 shipped on GB. Bittersweet since this marks the end of my life with my USP Compact, unfortunately can't keep them both right now.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    USP > P30!!!

Tony
    Here, here! Give this man a beer.
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just submitted the 4-mag offer for my P30S-9mm, perfect timing as I'll be converting one (with a sleeve) for my P30SKS CCW.
    Neither have 40/45 in the house, but was just at the LGS and picked up 200rds of S&B 45 with no gun to shoot it with.
    Cry once... No rush but now I have no choice but to join the Dark Side with a HK45C. I see the German BG/BH dates are starting to ship out, just in time for Nov/Dec deals (and stock up on ammo in the meantime).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links