Going full circle- back to USP; anyone regained their affection for them as I have? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Going full circle- back to USP; anyone regained their affection for them as I have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I sold my very first handgun which was hk usp tactical! I paid a arm and a leg but got my original gun back from the guy I sold it to! Well worth it. I'll never sell another one!
    HK SP5K, HK USP .45 tactical, HK USP .45 OD, HKVP9, HKP2000SK, HK P7M13, HK P7, HK Fabarm FP6

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The USP series are the only HKs I am not fond of. I shoot other HKs such as the P30L and HK45 better. I think it is mostly that the P30/HK45 type grip works better for me.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the trigger on my USP 45 better than my P30L.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After acquiring my first, a USP 9 Tactical, and shooting it....the Beretta, colt, sigs, Cz and glocks all went bye bye. I am not sure what it would take for me to by a P30 or VPx. I have been tempted a time or two. But, every time I do get serious about another hand gun I usually end up with another amazing USP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Similar journey...strayed for a while over to VP9, shot several thousands rounds through it and never had an issue. But then bought a new production, German made 45c, and into the safe the VP9 went.

Somehow the VP9 just doesn't feel as substantial.

I consider the 45c, to basically be a USP.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    Similar journey...strayed for a while over to VP9, shot several thousands rounds through it and never had an issue. But then bought a new production, German made 45c, and into the safe the VP9 went.

Somehow the VP9 just doesn't feel as substantial.

I consider the 45c, to basically be a USP.
    Except, it really is not... sure it is offspring of USP Compact .45. On the inside, it is pretty much USP... but it's a different design ultimately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    The USP40fs was the very first USP I bought and got hooked. I later bought the USP40c, USP45fs, USP45c, HK45, and HK45c. They are all factory DA/SA, and I do love shooting them, even in DA. I then purchased the P2000 (40/357), P30s (9), P30sk (9), and the P30L (40/357) all in LEM and enjoy shooting them as well. VP9 also got into the mix. I'd never dream of selling or trading any of my HKs. For me, HK happiness is about variety in grip, gun size, chambered round, and trigger system, and mastering each gun as they each shoot differently.

But I'd have to admit the USPs are my faves.
    Well said!
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Were I king for a day, the USP would cease to exist. Since I am not and HK's pistol suite has some of the unnecessary idiosyncrasies in the post-USP pistol lines create voids (despite an excess of pistol models) that make the USP a necessary evil.

Despite my dislike for all but a few USP variants, for my purposes I find it more tolerable to overlook a minor unpleasantry or two with a USP Expert than to:
    A) Sell my soul and join the G34/G17L crowd
    B) Spend stupid money and go back to the quagmire that is 1911/2011 ownership
    C) Become CZ hipster and hate myself

So...yay USP

FS1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Unbelievably Superior Pistol
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought my first handgun this year and it was a USP9. I don't think I will ever be able to sell it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links