VP9 Slidelock Not Consistant
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VP9 Slidelock Not Consistant

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default VP9 Slidelock Not Consistant

Both of my VP9's tend to not lock back after my last round fired. One has maybe 500rds, the other about 1500rds through it. Any ideas or what should I look into first?
    HK45
    HK45c
    P30
    P30sk
    VP9
    VP9sk
    P7 PSP
    P7M8
    D54

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Previous threads tend to gravitate towards grip. I own 3 VP9 and have never had this issue with me shooting. My grip tends to be a tad lower than some, mostly due to T-Rex hands. Anybody else shoot them and have same issue? My cousin tried mine out and failed to lock back on him.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

If you insert an empty magazine and pull the slide back does it lock back? I am almost 100 percent positive its your grip is hitting the slide release. I have two vp9's and I don't think either one has ever locked back while shooting. I have a high thumbs forward grip and as a lefty that giant slide release on the right side is always under my thumb. It doesn't really bother me as they are my competition guns, but it is the one think about the v9 and p30 series I don't like that much. Lots of posts on here about it try a search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's your grip

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just posted the same concern over in the Range Report forum. Shot mine for the first time last night and had the same thing happen to me. Slide would manually lock back on an empty magazine but not when shooting normally. It would lock back when shooting one-handed. I too shoot with my thumbs forward and a high grip. At first I thought my thumbs were riding the slide but that wasn't the issue. This is really disappointing. My plans were for the VP9 to replace my county-issued Glock 19 with the Sheriff's Office. Now I'm having second thoughts.
    In times of crisis one does not rise to the occasion, he defaults to the level of his training.

P7M13 P7M13(NIB) USP45 VP9Tactical MP5 91 93 SL7

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headshot View Post
    I just posted the same concern over in the Range Report forum. Shot mine for the first time last night and had the same thing happen to me. Slide would manually lock back on an empty magazine but not when shooting normally. It would lock back when shooting one-handed. I too shoot with my thumbs forward and a high grip. At first I thought my thumbs were riding the slide but that wasn't the issue. This is really disappointing. My plans were for the VP9 to replace my county-issued Glock 19 with the Sheriff's Office. Now I'm having second thoughts.
    If any part of your weak hand is "near" the slide release lever (above it), the recoil from a fired round might force the firearm "up" and depress the lever resulting in a failure to lock back.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Same issue. The slightest amount of accidental contact with the slide release will cause this.

I mean undetectably slight.

I know glock shooters who have had this happen and completely removed the visible portion of the slide release, leaving a nub they can reach in and access if needed to lock it open.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    Same issue. The slightest amount of accidental contact with the slide release will cause this.

I mean undetectably slight.

I know glock shooters who have had this happen and completely removed the visible portion of the slide release, leaving a nub they can reach in and access if needed to lock it open.
    That's weird. I've carried and qualified with Glocks for 15 years or more; shot 1000s of rounds through them. I've never had the slide fail to lock back on an empty mag.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My first sentence was referring to the VP9.

But yes, It depends 100% on where your hand sits with your grip. It doesn't happen on glocks with me, but VP9, yes. USP, no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM8hQWwIJ9U

I was guilty of this and had slide issues. But not anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links