HK45 Tactical Variant 7 conversion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK45 Tactical Variant 7 conversion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK45 Tactical Variant 7 conversion

Hi all, today I am a new handgun owner, first one being the HK45 Tactical. I chose the HK because it was a brand I could trust as many have deterred me since they are pricey compared to others but I had my mind set on it. I just received mine today and I am very pleased with the exception that it is a variant 7, being only a double-action and not a single action and/or double action. The way the dealer I spoke to before purchasing it, told me it was a double action but left the part that it was a double action only. Miscommunication on his part and poor research on mine. Either way, I couldn't return it unless I paid a 25% restock fee which is ridiculous.

The trigger pull requires quite a bit of pressue, so definitely not smooth at all. Which brings me here to where all the experienced folks are and was curious to know if I can convert it to a variant 1, assuming it would be less than the 25% restocking fee if that is even a thing. Sometimes it's best to learn the hard way, thank you in advance.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Research LEM (aka DAO) trigger here. If yours is a green frame, I might trade you my v1......

Maybe convert to light LEM?
    Lot of love for light LEM out there.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...ml#post1669213

Shoot, I think the spring reference chart is gone in that post. Maybe somebody has it?????
    Last edited by kbinmt; 07-15-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Quietly Making Noise
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and welcome to the addiction. HKs have a way of multiplying. Search is your friend here as there are endless threads on HK trigger variants. I have converted most of mine to LEM and never looked back. Without question, I shoot my 45T the best. HKParts has the complete kit for $149.95 https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK45...e-212p1129.htm Other supporting vendors, as well as HKCS also should be checked.
    Tom

SAR/SCV/NRA LIFE MEMBER

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    Welcome to the site, and welcome to the addiction. HKs have a way of multiplying. Search is your friend here as there are endless threads on HK trigger variants. I have converted most of mine to LEM and never looked back. Without question, I shoot my 45T the best. HKParts has the complete kit for $149.95 https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK45...e-212p1129.htm Other supporting vendors, as well as HKCS also should be checked.
    He has v7 LEM, I suggested light LEM so he would not need conversion kit, just some spring changes.

Or, he really might not like LEM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You do realize the LEM only kicks in when there is a round in the chamber or the slide it racked. Otherwise it is the same pull as the DA. Just making sure it is a heavy LEM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with your new H&K. Go and shoot the gun before you do anything to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a STD HK45 and thought the trigger was pretty bad too but I sent it to GREY guns and now its great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you all for taking the time to lend me your wisdom, I'll do more research on each one of your tips.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

I believe you have the Heavy LEM variant, which has a 7.5 to 8.5-lb trigger pull after the slide cycles. If you do not rack the slide, it's about 11 to 12-lb pull. I would suggest converting it to Light LEM, which requires 2 springs: TRS (209266) and HS (214300) and produces a lighter, 4.5 to 5.5-lb trigger pull (when slide is racked).

If you still don't like the pull, then DA/SA is your answer. The DA/SA parts won't be cheap but I am sure many members would love to swap parts with you.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Don't make it DA/SA!!! Keep it LEM and replace a couple additional springs in it to make it MATCH/LEM hybrid. This is what I did to my HK45 that was a heavy lem trigger. IMO, match/lem hybrid is the finest trigger in the world and the HK45 rocks it like a champ (without needing a trigger over travel screw). I may have posted this pic before elsewhere, but this thread needs a pic. As others have mentioned, the LEM trigger only shines when the gun is cocked (it's not that heavy DAO pull you feel when just dry firing). So I would recommend to go shoot it before you change it. Enjoy, you purchased the finest gun HK makes in the best version!

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links