Gone Crazy, Need Help To Continue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gone Crazy, Need Help To Continue

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timeexposure View Post
    Um...huh? Don't want a P30SK. I ended up with two already!
    I think you read my list of guns I own as the list of guns I wanted!
    No worries. I realize this decision is really up to me. I'm leaning USP Compact 45 or a 9mm P2000 or USP or...dammit! Here I go again!
    Guess I'll just add the whole catalog one at a time...
    One thing I don't understand though (as I hijack my own thread).
    The HK 45 seems to me to be nothing more than a USP 45 with grip panel options. Is that right?
    the HK45 comes with interchangeable backstraps, grip-to-slide angle matches Model 1911’s profile, Picatinny rail and 2 10rd mags . info listed on HK USA website .
    biggest difference in the USPc 45 is grip, size and the standard 8rd mag capacity . USPc 45 will accept 10rd (elephant's foot mag.) mags .
    i own both... but the USPc 45 (EDC) is hands down the winner ! if your a 45 fanboy the USP's will not disappoint !
    you need to rent/shoot both, 2 total different sidearms .
    Last edited by OlDirtyBastard; 07-23-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paingod View Post
    Usp full Size 9mm or a Mark 23
    This. Can't go wrong here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The question I have is like so many others: which HK next? My only other post here asked the same, but there has been many changes in the short time since I last posted.
    Firstly, I shot my HK USP 45 Expert. Wow! Feeling stoopid for spending $2k to $4k EACH on nine 1911's when I can shoot the Expert just as well for half to a quarter of the cost.
    So I sold some 1911's (kept a few because, c'mon, they're 1911's). This provided funding for my craziness. SIGs, Glocks (I thought I'd never buy), CZs...
    And HKs.
    All are still in jail (I'm in California where we have to wait 10 days to take possession). Here's the HK roster: P30SK (two! Don't ask how), P2000SK, and VP9. All 9mm.
    At the moment, I only shoot paper targets at the local indoor ranges. Other venues may come in the future. I have reluctantly become a gun collector who shoots the guns (no safe queens).
    My favorite rounds are 45 ACP and 9mm, in that order. I have no interest in other calibers.
    So given my new HK collection, should I be looking for balance and seek out another USP (perhaps a Compact with a stainless steel slide) in 45? Pay the Sunshine Tax (the extra cost for the privilege of owning a gun I cannot buy new in California) and get a HK 45 for about $1,500-$1,600? Get a longer P2000 or P30? A shorter VP9SK (tough right now in Cali)? A USP in 9mm?
    I know everyone has different ideas and reasons. Please share them with me-you've read my drivel this far!
    Which 1911s are in your history? I have a nice Ed brown but have not shot it back to back with my Gray Guns HK45. I should do that as a test someday. I know the Great Guns HK has a really light trigger. I have yet to get a USP but if I keep hanging out here I may get my mind changed I think

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

No worries. I realize this decision is really up to me. I'm leaning USP Compact 45 or a 9mm P2000 or USP or...dammit! Here I go again!
    The HK 45 seems to me to be nothing more than a USP 45 with grip panel options. Is that right?
    HK45 has the Ergo grip, slimmed down to 10+1, and 1913 rail, but inside it's approx 93% USP parts, obviously without the Recoil Reduction System that's the very Heart of Fullsize USP.

I know what you mean about custom pistols, just had a very heavily modified Browning Hi-Power built by Don Williams come home in Ion Bond Diamond Black....HK are alot less exspensive and shoot just as well.
    =)
    Last edited by Kost; 07-24-2017 at 02:39 AM.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Apologies--- USP45 (Variant 1)!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Of your limited choices, the P30sk!!!

Tony
    i had a gut feeling that was a typo .

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok seeing as how you are in CA ..I would save up and just get whatever you want in a free state ..Why you ask?

Well in CA unless you are cop etc your options for a handguns is the list stuff ..Now that you own a VP9 I assume you are either exempted from the safe list or have a way to PPT ..But even if your going to PPT it is not cheep and the price is stupid high for CA stuff off list

So I would wait ..Esp on the HK23 as you have to add the fun of getting a non threaded barrel ...I would go for a P7M8 over 13 due to the ban on over 10 round mags

As for rifles I would again skip or get into the roller lock sporting line ..Only as I hate the grip fin on rifles and pin open stock

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The question I have is like so many others: which HK next?
    So given my new HK collection, should I be looking for balance and seek out another USP (perhaps a Compact with a stainless steel slide) in 45?
    I say yes!
    Rounded out my USP collection with a Stainless Steel USP Compact 45.
    Great carry gun and a real looker
    Last edited by Barth; 07-25-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got my new-to-me HK45T out of jail yesterday. Version 7 Light LEM trigger. What a fantastic shooter! Felt great.

It even bested my USP Expert's previous result. Then I shot the Expert right after the HK45T. The Expert just barely outshot the HK45T in this go-around.
    The HK45T is a winner even if I was more accurate with the USP this outing. Many many cool points.
    So NOW which do I get? I'm leaning P30L or USP in 9mm. Just unsure if I want the full size USP or a compact one. Also have the USP .45 Compact with a stainless steel slide on my list. And I very nearly PPT'd a P2000, but didn't think it was different enough from my P2000SK/P30SK/ VP9 trio.
    I guess the answer is all the above and the question is really "which is next on the list?"

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey Time Welcome to the addiction that is HK. I will say that HK is mainly what I collect but there are others aswell. There are cheaper guns that do the same things but not as well. HK is like Porsche or Merc there are others that will get to from point A to B but maybe will less bells and whistles.

I would recommend a USP or HK 45C or even a Mark 23 if you want all the HK shoved into one pistol you can handle. Its also as accurate as my full custom 1911s. I like HK cause they are overbuilt like crazy and MK 23 is the king of that. The USP to me will always be the hammer I have almost every model of HK built and it still feels the highest quality of them all when you rack the slide it also has the best trigger of the bunch.

The P30 and P30L are great but the triggers aren't as good but certainly good enough for what they were designed for. I really like the P30L out of the P30s its soft shooting and very accurate. This holds true for HK 45 the trigger isnt as good as the USP Match trigger. Those guns are easier to conceal by far and have their uses of course.

Speaking from owning almost every handgun they have ever made over the years the Mark/USP will always be the flagship in my eyes. The MK 23 and Match are probably my two favorite to shoot. They have alot of personality. Next for me are the USP Tacticals or Elites. I just picked up an Expert so I cant comment on it yet but if its like the Elite its awesome.
    Last edited by Hawk777; 08-19-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    So many HKs so little time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links