Brownell's SP5K
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's SP5K

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Brownell's SP5K

On our way to South Dakota to visit family we stopped at the Brownell's warehouse and retail store in Iowa, and there they had an HK SP5K for a little under $2,700 that I handled.

I'm in no financial position to buy one right now, but it was the first HK MP5 type firearm I have handled, and it was smooth as butter and beautiful. I think the MP5 bug bit me, and I'd like to get one within the next few years. And immediately after getting one, I'll send out SBR paper work because it's only right to add a proper stock, vertical grip, swap out the barrel for a 3 lug even though I may never use a suppressor, and of course a paddle magazine release.

I hope HK imports the MP5-N version, or makes one in the US when their Georgia plant is ready, but either way, I'll have an MP5 eventually.

Sorry, forgot to take photos of the SP5K but here are some of Brownell's.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The size of that store looks like the toys r us for guns. I could easily kill time there just browsing through products.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yeah, that'd be fun. Just judging by the price of that SP5K, though, I wouldn't be buying much.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maybe not on HK products by the apparent price of the SP5K but they do have a nice package for the B&T APC9, it comes with the "brace" and other vendors have them with the same price but selling it without the brace.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The SP5K is what did it for me. What an outstanding little jerk that it is, very much a "truck" gun or backpack gun if you're working your way through a sketchy place. I paid Cabela's for mine, everyone there was gushing over it, had more hands on it than my ex-wife. lol

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I just put a few hundred rounds down the barrel of my SP5K, I must say, it shoots every bit a good as my HK94, but in a nice little compact package. Now HKParts is going to get more of my money so I can accessorize my SP5K.

however, as others have mentioned, $2700 is a tad steep, although the one quality HK gun shop that is "generally" in my area had one listed for about the same? I thought it was odd, because that shop always beats other retailers on HK guns by at least 1--2 hundred dollars?
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yea, but lets face it, in general, this a prestige piece, which means they can charge a premium. Doesnt even matter how long it takes to sell, since its gonna draw people in to see it anyway;) woild be nice thougj...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I had no idea they had a retail showroom, very cool. The SP5K will likely be my first HK and Im looking forward to it when it happens. I have been watching them and hoping they come down under $2k. Not sure they will but if they do I will have one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If you find it under $2k you will be extremely lucky, I have seen them as low as $2100 plus CC fees and shipping in GB. Good luck!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

^Yes. Lowest Ive seen so far myself is $2050. Im thinking by the time I count my pennies and get my ducks in a row, the might drop a ittle more. Most everything gun related is in high supply right now (Trump vs Billary) and Im hoping there might be a little more room to move on the SP5K.

Anyone know or care to speculate how the new USA plant above might effect prices? Do we know yet what they will be building/assembling there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links