10mm HK45C
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10mm HK45C

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default 10mm HK45C

All of the recent threads related to making a 10mm USP had me thinking the other day about whether it would be possible to do the same thing with my HK45C. Has anyone ever seen any heavier recoil springs for these, and does anyone know any custom barrel makers who might make a conversion barrel? Is this a crazy idea?
    "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." -John 15:13

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Is this a crazy idea?" Yes.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can't be that crazy. The G29 is a fully functional 10mm of comparable size, if not smaller. I'm willing to pay for one-off barrels and springs, just not sure where to start in terms of custom mfrs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would just get a G29 or a Sig 220 in 10.
    If you seek peace buy a USP.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To be honest its just not worth it. It probably would never be 100% reliable so then its just a range plinker? I guess for $500 u can have a G20 or 29 or a 220 in 10MM that is made for it and no headaches.
    So many HKs so little time.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewcog View Post
    Can't be that crazy. The G29 is a fully functional 10mm of comparable size, if not smaller. I'm willing to pay for one-off barrels and springs, just not sure where to start in terms of custom mfrs.
    Just thinking out loud, the USP is an "easy" conversion since there are USP 40s being made. I am not aware of an HK40C or even conversion barrels for the HK45C.

That said, does anyone make an HK45C aftermarket barrel? If yes, call them and ask them how much for a custom 10mm barrel for a 45C. I wonder if this barrel is going to cost $1000 or more.

Good luck!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    I would just get a G29 or a Sig 220 in 10.
    Have a G29. Looking for something hammer fired (DA/SA) with a polymer frame. Don't think anything like this exists...

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

EFK firedragon makes barrels for USP, VP9, P30, USPc, P2000 in various calibers. Jarvis custom makes barrels for HK45 FS, P30 & P30L, and various USPs. Bar-sto, KKM Precision, Storm Lake, and Lone Wolf do not seem to make barrels for H&K. So not really any aftermarket options unless you call one of these and they do a custom job for you which is always possible. There are likely other custom barrel makers out there that could work with you. You would just have to search.
    If I remember correctly, the member who converted his USP to 10mm had a hard time finding anyone to ream out his .40 HK factory barrel because of the hardness of the ord. steel used in them. I think this is going to be a tough one to do since there's no smaller caliber barrel to start with. That said, where there's a will, there's a way!

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I remeber seeing the post about the 10mm usp. Dame guy also said there were minor problems after installation, like rounds failing to eject when a live round is in the chamber and the slide is racked. Nothin major, just a couple odd things iirc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The HK45C is such a nice pistol just the way it is in .45ACP. It would be a shame to mess around with it doing a 10MM conversion. If you want more power just get some +P Buffalo Bore ammo for it.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links