Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I carried a Glock43 this summer and felt sick the whole time. I've tried to wash it off but after hours in the shower I still just don't feel clean.
    Lol, right on.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have little girl hand but have no need for a single stack. The small grip panels on the VP9 SK work just fine for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think the era of service single stack 9mms are over. As such, we will never see HK develop one again.

If they did, I would love for it to be P2000 sized, not SK sized in any way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm new to the HK universe. So I can't really say what they will do as a company. Or not. But while you're waiting there are other companies producing single stacks that are every bit as good as what HK would offer if they did. And before anyone takes this as a challenge to what HK can and does do, remember that the engineering challenges in producing a semi auto in the widths that most single stack guns play in are much different than what are faced when having the wider widths available in double stack guns. So, while HK makes guns that are among the best and most reliable in the world among other double stack offerings, whether they could maintain that same degree of reliability when making single stack guns is only conjecture. Until they do it.

So in the meantime there are Kahrs if you like DAO triggers. Also the Diamondback DB's in .380 and 9mm are now refined to the point where they are very reliable and are also DAO. And of course the heavy-triggered DAO M&P Bodyguard .380. And if you're a fan of SA guns Glock's 42, and now their 43 are out there. And the Ruger LCP2 and LC9s. All this to say there are single stacks out there that would equal anything HK might do, and are available now so there's little need to wait, especially if you subscribe to the "spice of life" axiom.
    ------------------
    sc

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    I'm new to the HK universe. So I can't really say what they will do as a company. Or not. But while you're waiting there are other companies producing single stacks that are every bit as good as what HK would offer if they did. And before anyone takes this as a challenge to what HK can and does do, remember that the engineering challenges in producing a semi auto in the widths that most single stack guns play in are much different than what are faced when having the wider widths available in double stack guns. So, while HK makes guns that are among the best and most reliable in the world among other double stack offerings, whether they could maintain that same degree of reliability when making single stack guns is only conjecture. Until they do it.

So in the meantime there are Kahrs if you like DAO triggers. Also the Diamondback DB's in .380 and 9mm are now refined to the point where they are very reliable and are also DAO. And of course the heavy-triggered DAO M&P Bodyguard .380. And if you're a fan of SA guns Glock's 42, and now their 43 are out there. And the Ruger LCP2 and LC9s. All this to say there are single stacks out there that would equal anything HK might do, and are available now so there's little need to wait, especially if you subscribe to the "spice of life" axiom.
    This is the place to drink hk cool aide and am sure the rest agree there is something about hk that makes it all just a little better and i am sure in the future there will be something there. That being said I am sure it is just a matter of time once the factory is up. I was told by someone in the know that the USMC wanted to order 60k m27 and here they are doing it so ill just wait for the factory to be done and see what happens next

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would buy a single stack p30sk type HK in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately they don't exist so I have an XDE acting as the single stack da/sa carry gun.

When I need smaller than that i have a shield 9 and bodyguard 380. All depends on the occasion.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here's what I got from the HK booth staff at NRA Carry Guard in Milwaukee on 8/26.

1. No plans for HK to release or design a single stack anything.
    2. Georgia is up (the walls that is) construction is going on inside.
    3. No "training center" planned for the Georgia facility. Just a factory.
    My car always has three passengers…. Heckler, Koch and me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtarget View Post
    Here's what I got from the HK booth staff at NRA Carry Guard in Milwaukee on 8/26.

1. No plans for HK to release or design a single stack anything.
    Guess I'll keep my XDs.
    I used to only trust revolvers........ Then I bought an HK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I have a Sig P230 in .380 ACP for more than 2 decades; still a viable option, but heavier than modern polymer options.
    I tried a Springfield XD-S - did not like it - sold it.
    Got a Ruger LC9s Pro... kept it and it is my primary single-stack carry (and backup other times). Surprisingly accurate, but trigger feels a bit like a rubber band.
    Got a S&W Shield. I think I still prefer the Ruger.
    Held the Walther - it's a possibility but it's bigger than the LC9s... actually, most 9mm single stacks are larger than the LC9s. I may get one eventually.

A LEM, hammer fired single-stack H&K would likely replace them all... shame it doesn't exist.
    (yeah, the P7 is nice, but it isn't exactly light nor "affordable")
    Been waiting for one myself. Had a PPS, and while functional, just never did it for me. Guess I will be carrying the P30SK until HK comes out with a single stack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Interesting topic.

I'm completely new to H&K. In fact, I'm completely new to "new" German guns. I own a couple WWII bring-backs and an M&P .22 (branded S&W, made by Walther) that I don't consider an example of what Germany is capable of producing. The guns I shoot the most are all M&P's (FS 9 and .22, Shield 9, BG .380) and I decided I was ready to buy a German 9mm. Looking at the offerings from my preferred dealer (an absolute prince of a guy who sells huge volumes of all the significant brands), I was more attracted to the VP9SK than anything else he had which was more or less everything on the market from US, Germany, Austria, Italy, Czech, etc. When I asked his opinion, his only comment was "I think they should have made it a single stack".

This is a guy who sells hundreds of guns in a weekend, knows the market and the interests of his customers and that was his opinion. Since I already own 4 Shields (a story for another time), I went ahead with the SK. I took it home, broke it down and cleaned it side-by-side with my EDC Shield. Seeing how the H&K is constructed was a revelation for me, particularly being able to compare it with an American-made M&P (even considering the M&P was bought for less than half the price during the rebate period).

My conclusion? I absolutely love the VP9SK. I'm going to have a leather holster made for it and am looking forward to seeing how it carries. Saying that, I'd be so interested in a single stack version that I'd be willing to pay for it in advance so H&K could measure the potential demand. Somebody wrote that perhaps the single stack phase has passed. Well, S&W sold more than a million Shields and that was before they began giving them away with a $75 rebate (it was possible to buy one for $200 net, delivered to your FFL).

Just one shooter's view.
    Old fart, with guns

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links