Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post
    ... S&W sold more than a million Shields and that was before they began giving them away with a $75 rebate (it was possible to buy one for $200 net...
    Precisely why HK won't compete in that market, they hate that crowd (by the way, that's satire).
    Just for grins, I looked at the MP9C when I picked up my P30SK. I can understand the lure, but not even close vs. the HK.

JDS
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We've been rehashing this same discussion for years now.

I currently own a SIG P938 exclusively for when I want to carry off the belt. It's a great little pistol...I think I would just prefer HK's version with a paddle-type magazine release. I would love a single stack version of the P30SK in DA/SA/Safety. I'd buy it in a hot second.

Right now, Kimber has a Micro 9 that is almost the same as the P938 but I haven't even heard of anybody who's bought one yet. I don't know how well the XD-E is selling, but up until now, the P938 has been eating the ENTIRE market segment for a single stack 9mm micro-pistol that has a hammer and a safety. Seems like a very niche market, and maybe it is, but I've lost count of how many of my friends own one. Even my father, who just got his carry permit last week, wants to buy one now. I think HK could could make good money on this, especially with their modular fire control that could allow the same frame to handle DA/SA/Safety, DA/SA/Decocker, and LEM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There was a rumor going around that HK does in fact have some kind of single stack competitor that they are working on, and I believe it without any doubt. You have to remember the VP9 was in development for over 4 years before it was announced and hit market. With the upcoming GA factory, it is very likely just in this regard. Combine that with how tremendously successful the VP series is for HK and their debt status, and I guarantee you we will have a SS HK in the next 3 years. The VP series is what their P7 series should have been at that time.

For now, check out the PPS M2. I've been using a G43 for the last few years when I need something absolutely small but couldn't resist the Walther with the current rebate. Same grip angle as the VPs, only compromise is the mag release you just have to be concise of like the G43. The PPS is a tad bigger than the 43 but tracks better and fits better for IWB if you are not going to pocket. I think for most AOs the VP9SK does best, but like the fullsize, a thin single stack is nice for conditions that call for deeper concealment

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bought the XD-e also and it is a very nice carry gun. excellent sights, also. would buy HK single stack in the blink of an eye.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Handled an XD-E today. SA trigger has 3 different "break" points which was very weird, and overall is still not a very compact weapon... I'm stuck with my Ruger LC9s Pro until something better comes along. (tried S&W Shield, Springfield XDS as well) The Ruger is still the "thinnest" of the group.
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just another vote on this old thread for a single stack sk, either vp9 or p30. If HK USA really wants the civilian market, it's worth throwing up against the shield and G43.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From a rep at HK customer service on October 11th when I asked them about a single stack:

Thank you for your request! We have just opened a manufacturing facility here in Columbus, GA. Our new facility will open up a lot of doors for future projects. Maybe....just maybe something like that might be in the works. :)

Sounds promising! I've got the VP9 as my first 9mm right now and I've been holding off on getting a carry piece until HK drops a single stack.
    Last edited by CalMac91; 12-22-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Jeppo likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have both p30sk and VP9sk, the double stack does get some getting used to. Am not sure I would like losing 3-4 rounds for a single stack.

That said, for my wife, she would like the reduced weight and additional concealing ability it may provide her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CalMac91 View Post
    From a rep at HK customer service on October 11th when I asked them about a single stack:

Thank you for your request! We have just opened a manufacturing facility here in Columbus, GA. Our new facility will open up a lot of doors for future projects. Maybe....just maybe something like that might be in the works. :)

Sounds promising! I've got the VP9 as my first 9mm right now and I've been holding off on getting a carry piece until HK drops a single stack.
    I'll make do with my Walther PPS until that happens, if it ever does. My EDC is a VP9sk, but there are times when slipping the Walther into a pocket holster fits the bill better. But would swap the Walther in a heart beat if a HK single stack became available.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had a 43,put TFX Pro sights on it and Pearce +1 on the mags.Never a problem with the pistol.Slow fire at the range it was accurate and I was pleased.When I did a rapid draw(as in a defense against a threat) my rounds were all over the target,terrible,no groups,just all over.I do the same drill with my VP9LE and I not only shoot the center out on slow fire,but 3-4 inch group in the rapid draw.I know it is how the pistol fits your hand,but some only practice slow fire at the range and never a rapid draw and it does make a difference.I have given up on small pistols because I just do not shoot them well.Please do not tell me to practice more as time and money are a consideration for me.I am next probably going to buy a VP9SK,but it is so close to my full size(that I carry every day) I am just waiting until 2018 to see what's new.Does anyone do a rapid draw from their holster with these small pistols?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links