Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will there ever be a single stack P30SK or VP9SK

Please pardon what is undoubtedly a topic that has been discussed many times. I did a search for "single stack", and it didn't really reveal any relevant threads. I own 3 HK guns and really like them all. One of those guns is a P30sk. It's my carry gun fall, winter, and spring. However in summer I carry a Springfield XDs in 45. The XDs is an alright gun. It shoots straight, it balances well. The recoil is manageable. It is holding up well after several years of carry.

However, I have really come to respect the HK brand. My HK's have never had a single failure to function of any kind. Yes, I needed a new P30sk assembly because the recoil spring was slipping off the end, but the gun still worked fine.

I have no doubt that folks here are more "in the know" about possible HK developments than folks on other gun forums, so I thought I'd open a thread for conjecture, rumors, and hearsay.

It seems that S&W, SA, Walther, Glock, and other manufacturers have very decent offerings of single stack 9mm guns for concealed carry. I envision a one inch thick single stack VP9sks. (Sub C(K)ompact Slim) Is there any chance of this EVER happening or is this going to me my unicorn carry gun, that I never own? The market is there, but it is admittedly flooded right now, however new shooters come along all the time.

Again, I apologize, as I have no doubt this has been discussed many times before, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I wouldn't get rid of the XDs, because the gun works. However the sloppy trigger on that gun along with a few other small complaints would likely make it my back up carry gun, with the HK dethroning it.

Your thoughts? Other than "Again? We're going to discuss this again?"
    Last edited by 460Shooter; 08-25-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    I used to only trust revolvers........ Then I bought an HK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm with you. I would love a single stack SK model, whether in the P30/P2000/VP9 family. I am expecting my CCW license someday (approved and continue to wait in the final processing stage). In anticipation, I have already "set up" for the three firearms I am allowed to have on my license. Although I own both the P30SK and P2000SK (with a preference for the P2000SK if anyone wondered), neither are on my 3-gun license because of the thickness of the pistols. Instead I have three "single stack" pistols on the license: XDs 3.3 .45ACP, M&P Shield 9mm, and Glock 42 .380ACP.
    All are fine guns for what they do, but like most here on the forum I prefer the quality and accuracy of the HK pistols. Even the stinking California roster wouldn't keep me from paying 2-3x the retail (via Private Party Transfer) for a VP9SK "Schlank" (what "slim" would be in German).
    I just wonder though...HK seems to be plenty busy providing arms to fulfill their existing contracts with municipalities around the world. When would they get around to developing a Schlank for civilians like me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doubt it. It would have to make business sense. Redesigning grip assemblies and tooling build for a small audience would not make sense. One can always dream though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The XDe with a LEM trigger made by HK would be nice.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I carried a Glock43 this summer and felt sick the whole time. I've tried to wash it off but after hours in the shower I still just don't feel clean.
    glock19er, bls72bmw and SARTHREE like this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the SK grips width is okay as it's not that thick with the small side panels. But the slide seems over-engineered. It's too thick and heavy for a 9mm.

I also have a XDs9. Also it's a little smaller than the P30SK, I can manage to rest my pinky (barely) on the grip due to the trigger guard cut. On the P30SK, I definitely need a pinky extension.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

When Hell Freezes over.

Something the size of a HK4 would be nice in 9 mm not .380

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I carried a Glock43 this summer and felt sick the whole time. I've tried to wash it off but after hours in the shower I still just don't feel clean.
    Try bleach. I hate Glocks.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would buy a 9mm P30SK-SS in an instant.

RMA
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I myself have been wanting HK to come up with a single stack polymer forever now, I am holding out but tempted to jump on a vp9sk...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links