New VP9 - Jamming Issue - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New VP9 - Jamming Issue

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zbillster View Post
    I just ordered 500 rounds of PPU 124 grain from AIM Surplus ... I'll see how it does after that.

This problem gives me a couple of concerns via this HK product:
    1. I'm glad I have other defensive pistols on hand while I "break this one in" ... I would hate to be a woman with a stalker buying a single defensive gun only to find out that "oh, it's not reliable yet, so it might not work for a while."
    2. In a catastrophic scenario (zombies? aliens? wartime?) where you're dealing with "found" ammo resupply, not being able to use anything less than 124 grain is a serious handicap.
    3. If this was my only gun and another 9mm ammo shortage occurs like a few years ago, well, I guess I wouldn't be shooting for a long, long time.
    You could also try using higher recoil momentum (higher "Power Factor" - more than most 124 and 147 gr ammo) 115 gr ammo such as this:
    Bulk Sellier & Bellot 9mm Ammo for Sale - 115 gr FMJ (1000 Rounds)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just ordered 500 rounds of PPU 124 grain from AIM Surplus ... I'll see how it does after that.

1. I'm glad I have other defensive pistols on hand while I "break this one in" ... I would hate to be a woman with a stalker buying a single defensive gun only to find out that "oh, it's not reliable yet, so it might not work for a while."
    2. In a catastrophic scenario (zombies? aliens? wartime?) where you're dealing with "found" ammo resupply, not being able to use anything less than 124 grain is a serious handicap.
    3. If this was my only gun and another 9mm ammo shortage occurs like a few years ago, well, I guess I wouldn't be shooting for a long, long time.
    As I mentioned, after running a few boxes of NATO rounds, my SK now eats everything including some remanufactured 115 gr ammo that costs only 14 cents.
    Old fart, with guns

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

These ftf new gun weak ammo threads should have there own category already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like several other posters, my VP9 did not like Blazer Brass 115gr when it was now, but ran fine on Federal 115gr. After a couple hundred Fiocchi 124gr, it will now eat anything. I can definitely feel the how much weaker than Blazer Brass is than the 115gr Federal or the 124gr Fiocchi.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I ONLY shoot NATO in 9mm.
    I use +P in all of my HD rounds.

they are MADE and TESTED with this pressure ammo.

MODS, please make a sticky for the HK pistols to use NATO rounds, as this is what HK and Europe uses in their firearms. They are not meant to use the weak power fluff 115 ammo. its inferior and weak.

:)
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dano1200r View Post
    These ftf new gun weak ammo threads should have there own category already.

These VP threads only slow when people start b*tching around here.

Is it to much to ask for a banner that tells all new hkpro members to check and see if there is already a thread created on the firearm issue or experience ??
    There are alot of friendly and knowledgeable people on this site that enjoy helping others but
    we should encourage people to make an attempt to do their own homework first. ...
    HK45c x3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hopefully you would be using a quality self defense ammo for protection. Something like Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST as example are loaded quite a bit stouter than the cheap 115 GR range stuff from Walmart. Speer Lawman 115 GR practice ammo works fine but it has a muzzle velocity of 1200 FPS.

Again the issue with lower powered 115 GR ammo usually only lasts a couple hundred rounds until the RSA is a bit broken in assuming the shooter is using a decent grip and not limp wristing.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allbusiness View Post
    These VP threads only slow when people start b*tching around here.

Is it to much to ask for a banner that tells all new hkpro members to check and see if there is already a thread created on the firearm issue or experience ??
    There are alot of friendly and knowledgeable people on this site that enjoy helping others but
    we should encourage people to make an attempt to do their own homework first. ...
    When I first joined, I found the search function very useful. It's obvious many op are not doing their due diligence.
    Safe shooting,
    Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just started breaking in mine with some inexpensive Remington UMC 124 grain. The night before the range, I must have dry fired at least 20 times. On the day of, I locked the slide back for 4 hours to help loosen the heavier spring. Though I only shot 75 rounds, I didn't have a single malfunction and the gun shot nicely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hipistol View Post
    I just started breaking in mine with some inexpensive Remington UMC 124 grain. The night before the range, I must have dry fired at least 20 times. On the day of, I locked the slide back for 4 hours to help loosen the heavier spring. Though I only shot 75 rounds, I didn't have a single malfunction and the gun shot nicely.
    I do this on all my pistols. Lock slide back and let it sit for a few days. I think it's helped as I've had really no malfunctions with any pistol. I don't own a vp9 (waiting for long slide) but I'm thinking this would help.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links