What happens if you DROP your HK (say a P30) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What happens if you DROP your HK (say a P30)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I heard with a P320 you can get legal full auto if you drop it down the steps.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aemun View Post
    I heard with a P320 you can get legal full auto if you drop it down the steps.
    This made me chuckle.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If the P30 is cocked, the sear might bounce, releasing the hammer. But the hammer would normally be caught at half cock by the hammer intercept, and even if it wasn't the FBP would stop firing.

With VP9s we know what happens because the mallet thing shows that if the sear bounces off the striker the FPB stops it.

The P320's problem is that the guts will make the gun act as if the trigger was pulled on impact, and there is no "half cock" with striker pistols. It is just a horrid design.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    ....The P320's problem is that the guts will make the gun act as if the trigger was pulled on impact, and there is no "half cock" with striker pistols. It is just a horrid design.
    Yeah, I hear you. Sig recently sent out a voluntary recall for all P320s to correct the pistol's ground-drop AD problem. Sig has labeled the recall "enhanced modification". I just wonder if the US Army is experiencing buyer's remorse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are invloved in a shooting , and the cops order you to drop the gun, then drop the gun..The reality is, even if it's a good shoot, the cops are going to consifscate your pistol, you may or may not get it back, so, don't carry anything you can't afford to lose or replace....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. Sig recently sent out a voluntary recall for all P320s to correct the pistol's ground-drop AD problem. Sig has labeled the recall "enhanced modification". I just wonder if the US Army is experiencing buyer's remorse.
    Maybe. On the other hand they don't owe SIG a cent if SIG can't provide guns that pass the Army's testing. The Army got such a deal on the P320 that they are probably happy to let SIG figure out how to make an acceptable product.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Fed contracts always have an out, funding can always dry up.
    The Army, they can certainly/probably cancel 'for cause'. I haven't caught up, but I believe the Army variant isn't afflicted, at least not in the same condition as the civilian P320.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they aren't, they should be...Honestly there was/is nothing wrong with the Beretta M9, other than the fact that the army just dosen't maintain them like they're supposed to be maintained, you know, changing recoil springs, locking blocks when needed etc, Besides, outside of a few special groups they don't really train with them..

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Interesting you should mention that. I was looking into the Ruger LCP2 for a single stack carry. I downloaded the manual and on page 14 it says...

If dropped or struck, the pistol may fire. Keep chamber
    empty unless actually firing!
    For maximum safety when carrying the pistol with a
    loaded magazine in place, the chamber should be
    empty, and the slide should be closed. If placed into a
    holster, check it to be sure that the slide is not
    retracted far enough to chamber a cartridge from the
    magazine.

Along with a graphic to not drop the firearm on the rear sight.
    My car always has three passengers…. Heckler, Koch and me.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Fed contracts always have an out, funding can always dry up.
    The Army, they can certainly/probably cancel 'for cause'. I haven't caught up, but I believe the Army variant isn't afflicted, at least not in the same condition as the civilian P320.
    I hope so. The Army deserves a gun that is safe, reliable, and effective. If Sig screws this up, they're toast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links