Need Help Installing Lobos Trigger on VP9SK
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Installing Lobos Trigger on VP9SK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Need Help Installing Lobos Trigger on VP9SK

I finally managed to get a Lobos Trigger and I'm trying to install it on my VP9SK. Every thing was going well until it came time to remove the "Stop Bolt for Trigger" which is Part 9 of the Exploded Diagram in the VP9 Operator's Manual. The Bolt (or Pin) does not go all the way through the frame and can only be pushed out from the inside. Since it can only be accessed by reaching down into the locking block it makes it a bear to get any pressure to push it out. I have tried using prying it out with round punches, screw drivers, etc. The only way I can see to push it out is by prying against the opposite side of the locking block. So far I cannot get it to budge. Is there something I should be doing that I am not? If anyone has ever removed this Bolt please let me know how you did it. I have done quite a bit of work on firearms including building several AR's but nothing has ever stumped me like this and caused me to say so many bad words. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregBFL View Post
    I finally managed to get a Lobos Trigger and I'm trying to install it on my VP9SK. Every thing was going well until it came time to remove the "Stop Bolt for Trigger" which is Part 9 of the Exploded Diagram in the VP9 Operator's Manual. The Bolt (or Pin) does not go all the way through the frame and can only be pushed out from the inside. Since it can only be accessed by reaching down into the locking block it makes it a bear to get any pressure to push it out. I have tried using prying it out with round punches, screw drivers, etc. The only way I can see to push it out is by prying against the opposite side of the locking block. So far I cannot get it to budge. Is there something I should be doing that I am not? If anyone has ever removed this Bolt please let me know how you did it. I have done quite a bit of work on firearms including building several AR's but nothing has ever stumped me like this and caused me to say so many bad words. Advice is greatly appreciated.
    it just pushes out when you put pressure from the inside
    i used a dental instrument (i have lots, lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's better too have it and not need it then too need it and not have it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macsak View Post
    it just pushes out when you put pressure from the inside
    i used a dental instrument (i have lots, lol)
    exactly what was said! I used a flat hefty screw driver, I was told to give it a tap on the outside too push it (a smidgen ) in too break the loctite that is used in factory it is a bear I know but if I did it so can you! Do not let that little thing win, you got this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP, was this ever resolved? I just got my Lobos trigger too, watched the vids, saw the thread here and the Lobos stuff...no dice. I'm flexing the frame and about to bend the damn locking block. This trigger stop bolt WILL NOT BUDGE.

I've done the "tap if from the outside to break the thread lock from the factory" as well and have bent three punches trying to move it.
    #help
    Last edited by earthquake; 10-12-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It was a major pain in the rear to deal with but eventually I too was able to get it out after a many choice words and about 15 mins of my time and frustration

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well I definitely know a mod I am not doing on my VP's - LOL

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

The stop bolt comes out easy if the leverage pressure is applied inside the frame directly in line with the stop bolt. I used a spacer to fill the gap between the frame and screwdriver I used as a lever. If I had to do it again -and I will- I'd use some penetrating oil on the stop bolt the day before. All I can say is that the mod is so worth the wait and trouble......

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another example that HK pistols don't lend themselves to home gun smithing, especially for first timers. They're not Glocks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    The stop bolt comes out easy if the leverage pressure is applied inside the frame directly in line with the stop bolt. I used a spacer to fill the gap between the frame and screwdriver I used as a lever. If I had to do it again -and I will- I'd use some penetrating oil on the stop bolt the day before. All I can say is that the mod is so worth the wait and trouble......
    Definitely trying that on the next one. The install is a piece of cake other than that damn pin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links