Help me narrow down my VP9 choice... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Help me narrow down my VP9 choice...

  1. #11
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Posts : 10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I bought my second VP9 om Grey on the rebate deal. Gray LE through CDNN for 500 + shipping. Can't beat them.

  2. #12
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Wake Forest, NC
    Posts : 848
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Stupid question - But I just ordered a pair of P30 assist combo blade knives for the wife and I to carry until we get our CCW here in NC - I bought her the OD Green one, would it be the same ODG as the VP9 pistol? My thing was I never saw the green in person so it was hard for me to choose a color sight unseen whereas the FDE and Gray I've seen before -

  3. #13
    Very Senior Member
    JohnnyDollar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Location : Melbourne FL
    Posts : 388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    For me I'm not buying a gun that is designed for a suppressor that does not come with suppressor height sights.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Garman's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    ricky_bobby, what part of NC are you in? I am in Buncombe County and it took 8 mos to get my CCW last year! Hopefully yours wont take that long!
    HKVP9T, HKVP9, HKVP9SKLE, CZ75 SP-01 TACTICAL, CZ P-01 BLACK, CZ P-01 GREEN, CZ 75D COMPACT PCR, GLOCK 26 GEN 3, SIG P320, SIG SP2022, RUGER GP100 6" 357 STAINLESS, RUGER GP100 4.2" 22LR, S&W 686 PLUS 3" TALO, S&W 22 COMPACT,RUGER MARK IV

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Garman's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDollar View Post
    For me I'm not buying a gun that is designed for a suppressor that does not come with suppressor height sights.
    Actually I look at the VP9 Tactical as a regular VP9LE with a threaded barrel thrown in it. I am not sure how much design went into it. I agree though, not much sense in having a suppressor with sights that would be very, very limited/useless!

  7. #16
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Wake Forest, NC
    Posts : 848
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garman View Post
    ricky_bobby, what part of NC are you in? I am in Buncombe County and it took 8 mos to get my CCW last year! Hopefully yours wont take that long!
    I'm in Wake County (Wake Forest) - wish me luck brother, we came down here as northern imports trying to keep it a free state here! For now I have to go to the sheriff's office for those stupid pistol purchase permits - anything is better than Jersey though, where it takes 3 months to get them, you can only buy one handgun every 30 days, and we have zero right to carry a firearm open or concealed outside the home -

  8. #17
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Wake Forest, NC
    Posts : 848
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garman View Post
    Actually I look at the VP9 Tactical as a regular VP9LE with a threaded barrel thrown in it. I am not sure how much design went into it. I agree though, not much sense in having a suppressor with sights that would be very, very limited/useless!
    I look at it as the same, almost a "platform" to start with - I'm sure HK was appealing to the Tacticool market a bit and if one were to get a suppressor I think they just threw the standard Meps on there and assumed many would get different sights if they were to buy a can for the pistol...

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Garman's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    I'm in Wake County (Wake Forest) - wish me luck brother, we came down here as northern imports trying to keep it a free state here! For now I have to go to the sheriff's office for those stupid pistol purchase permits - anything is better than Jersey though, where it takes 3 months to get them, you can only buy one handgun every 30 days, and we have zero right to carry a firearm open or concealed outside the home -
    Pistol Purchase Permits.....fun times!! I don't miss messing with those at all but it beat the snot out of waiting for my concealed carry permit as far as process time. I moved down here from Northern NY in '92! I definitely do not miss Zoo York at all especially with all of the libtard Governors that they have had over the years!

    Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you down here in NC!

  10. #19
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Apr 2004
    Location : NC
    Posts : 783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I live east of you a little ways. My Sheriff is a friend of mine and he won't sign off for a suppressor. He's a Democrat and helped Roy Cooper get elected. When Cooper was the AG he discouraged all Sheriffs from allowing suppressors and doesn't like Concealed Carry, as far as I know. FYI, your Sheriff, Donnie Harrison, allows them and is a good guy for gun owners. Your license will come pretty soon.

  11. #20
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Wake Forest, NC
    Posts : 848
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bentonville View Post
    I live east of you a little ways. My Sheriff is a friend of mine and he won't sign off for a suppressor. He's a Democrat and helped Roy Cooper get elected. When Cooper was the AG he discouraged all Sheriffs from allowing suppressors and doesn't like Concealed Carry, as far as I know. FYI, your Sheriff, Donnie Harrison, allows them and is a good guy for gun owners. Your license will come pretty soon.
    Good to know, seems straightforward here in Wake County which is a plus, maybe I'll get a suppressor someday after all! Sorry to hear about your county - I did some research and I do like Sheriff Harrison from what I've found - and yes I can't stand Cooper - we moved and someone called my wife and I "Cooper's kids" (I don't know what it is apparently its some phrase about people moving from the north) and I said shut the **** up I want nothing to do with that progressive ******* I came down to keep the south free.

    Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted - with the 4 free mags its a no brainer to get a VP if you don't have one! I still can't believe that VP prices are literally down $200 from where they were a couple years ago, and then adding the magazine rebate is insane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •