Why different trigger guard on P2000 vs P2000sk?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Why different trigger guard on P2000 vs P2000sk?

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2010
    Location : San Jose, CA
    Posts : 139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Why different trigger guard on P2000 vs P2000sk?

    Just curious if anyone knows why H&K put different trigger guards on the P2000 and P2000sk? Same goes for the full sized USP and USPc (though this one makes more sense to me).

    Nothing important, I was just curious. Searched a little but didn't find anything on it.

  2. #2
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Hawk777's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2007
    Location : USA
    Posts : 402
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    So the holsters don't work?

    I actually never knew they were that different till you posted. Now I need to go look.
    So many HKs so little time.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2010
    Location : San Jose, CA
    Posts : 139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
    So the holsters don't work?

    I actually never knew they were that different till you posted. Now I need to go look.
    No, the holsters are different. You could probably still use the same holster (certain holsters) but they will never fit perfect. Especially if they are using retention on the trigger guard. I used to have a P2000sk .40 that I traded for a full sized USP so it doesn't affect me anymore but I was just curious.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Hawk777's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2007
    Location : USA
    Posts : 402
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Ya I was being sarcastic saying HK changed them to make sure you had to buy another holster. ;)

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2010
    Location : San Jose, CA
    Posts : 139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
    Ya I was being sarcastic saying HK changed them to make sure you had to buy another holster. ;)
    Ha, my bad. I completely missed the sarcasm as I would have honestly believed that was a legitimate reason from H&K. Not a good reason but possibly their actual reason for doing so. :-)

  7. #6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    jetnspector's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : South Central... Kansas
    Posts : 949
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    The original, european version of the P2000 had the same trigger guard as the SK. They changed it for the US version that was designed to use the USPc magazines since HK already had an AWB approved 10rd version of that magazine. Later they stopped manufacturing the Euro version and the US version becam the worldwide model.

  8. #7
    Very Senior Member
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2008
    Posts : 256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetnspector View Post
    The original, european version of the P2000 had the same trigger guard as the SK. They changed it for the US version that was designed to use the USPc magazines since HK already had an AWB approved 10rd version of that magazine. Later they stopped manufacturing the Euro version and the US version becam the worldwide model.
    So the original P2000 didn't use the USPc magazine from the get go? Interesting. So in all these years, a single positive outcome of the AWB.

  9. #8
    Member

    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Location : California
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So the original P2000 didn't use the USPc magazine from the get go? Interesting. So in all these years, a single positive outcome of the AWB.
    The other main positive being the proliferation of pistols designed around the 10rd capacity. This helped further CCW around the US. There is no conincidence that many other countries started banning smaller pistols around this time, seeing what happened with small pistols and CCW advocacy in the US due to the AWB favoring small pistols.

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2010
    Location : San Jose, CA
    Posts : 139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetnspector View Post
    The original, european version of the P2000 had the same trigger guard as the SK. They changed it for the US version that was designed to use the USPc magazines since HK already had an AWB approved 10rd version of that magazine. Later they stopped manufacturing the Euro version and the US version becam the worldwide model.
    This is interesting but I don't understand how there is a dependency between magazine used and the trigger guard. When I had an P2000sk, you can run regular P2000/USPc magazines in that, which has a different trigger guard.

  11. #10
    Member

    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Location : California
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the Scholar View Post
    This is interesting but I don't understand how there is a dependency between magazine used and the trigger guard. When I had an P2000sk, you can run regular P2000/USPc magazines in that, which has a different trigger guard.
    They changed a lot of things, mostly to become more like an upgraded USPc Iirc, the trigger guard of the original p2000 was more like the full size USP, whereas they changed it to be more like the USPc in the American version. Also brought over from the USPc was the magazine and a more USPc style rail (with the addition of a crossbar cutout), rather than the very proprietary P2000 Euro accessory attachment interface (since it was not a rail).

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hk p2000 vs p2000sk

Click on a term to search for related topics.