sp5k cleaning kit

Thread: sp5k cleaning kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default sp5k cleaning kit

so I called hk usa about trying to order this one, the oem pictured in the manual. Looks like they can't get it for me though. I guess i'm out of options then besides the one listed on hkparts? sp5k cleaning kit-hk-nd-gumene-krytky-picatinnystanag-4694-95mm-black-211343-11352.jpg

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

The difference between the one pictured here and the one on HKParts is that the HKParts has an HK logo case, a chamber face brush, and a barrel flute brush, am I correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah and a few others. out of every new gun i bought they all come with cleaning kits except this one which is well.. annoying.. I'll wait a minute to see if anyone else can chime in otherwise guess that's my only option. Haven't even shot it yet because of that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d5k_deutsche View Post
    Haven't even shot it yet because of that.
    Come on, dude, you don't need a specific cleaning kit to clean a gun. Go shoot that damn thing already!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

ehhhhh, I'd clean it first. but @bastardsonofelvis is correct, you don't absolutely need a specific kit. The chamber face and chamber brush are nice to have though. that said, if you don't want to spring for the entire MP5 cleaning kit, you can buy just the 3 specialty brushes from HKParts as well. Really the specialty brushes are the only things of significant value in the kit, the rest is a 3 (or 4?) piece rod, lube, patches, and a cloth I think; well and the handy case to keep everything together...

brushes only:
    MP5 Cleaning Brush Set
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend a kit? HK offers this https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...ng-Kit/p/85211

While hk parts seems to sell the standard https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-...an-348p347.htm

Also, thoughts on this bore snake deal? https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...tz-/p/95000065 I've read horror stories about bore snakes though and I wouldn't want to mar an HK roller gun out of all the stuff I got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Come on, dude, you don't need a specific cleaning kit to clean a gun. Go shoot that damn thing already!
    Support your words

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    ehhhhh, I'd clean it first. but @bastardsonofelvis is correct, you don't absolutely need a specific kit. The chamber face and chamber brush are nice to have though. that said, if you don't want to spring for the entire MP5 cleaning kit, you can buy just the 3 specialty brushes from HKParts as well. Really the specialty brushes are the only things of significant value in the kit, the rest is a 3 (or 4?) piece rod, lube, patches, and a cloth I think; well and the handy case to keep everything together...

brushes only:
    MP5 Cleaning Brush Set
    perfect! thanks ...

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If you want all the fancy brushes, these guys have ‘em:

E&L Manufacturing e.Store - Cleaning Brushes

Chamber face brush, square receiver brush and 9mm/10mm brush plus that little rod for the SP5K. Cheaper than the “cough” competition.

Sponsored Links