Show off your EDC HK - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Show off your EDC HK

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice!

Anyone who legally can, should carry a firearm and train to use it.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dEX View Post
    LEM P30SK in a Stealthgear AIWB Holster with a few mods. Super comfortable and conceals pretty well.

I have their revolution series but I’m considering upgrading to the ventcore. How do you like it? Is it hot?

dEX

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves14 View Post
    I have their revolution series but I’m considering upgrading to the ventcore. How do you like it? Is it hot?
    Ive had some form of SG Ventcore for various carry pistols for the past 18 months or so. I like this specific size for appendix carry. My body type doesn't fit a traditional 4 oclock carry well at all so I cant speak to the IWB line.

Its fine, its a good balance between comfortable and functional. I have a minimalist kydex holster I use for when my clothing doesn't fit the pistol.

I think there are a multitude of better bits-and-pieces out there that can make the "best" holster available (for me). Ive taken it upon myself to add the concealment claw, add a little rotation in like the Bravo guys do and its helped a lot.

As-is, i dont think the SG is a "great" holster, but if youre willing to do some trial and error and tinkering, it can be made pretty darn good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Show off your EDC HK-edc.png
    P30 V1 in CompTac MTAC (or Bravo OWB)

Occasionally P30SK in same holsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apeaks24 View Post
    VP9 Sk my new baby.
    What condition do you carry it in, and how heavy/smooth is the trigger pull with the hammer not cocked?

Have a VP9 for home/range use, and have been thinking of a hammer-fired HK for carry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My EDC at this time is my P30SK pictured in my avatar. Rotate with my Sig 1911 Ultra and P938.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watchnut View Post
    Rotate with my Sig 1911 Ultra and P938.

On another note, is anyone else going through and making guesses on how much/little some actually carry some of these rigs or how much/little some actually practice with their rigs?
    Last edited by dms16; 12-15-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Show off your EDC HK

Hereís my EDC:

HK P2000SK 9mm in a SmartCarry holster, magazines loaded with Federal HST in true HK Marketing fashion, a Morgan Dollar 1921 given to me by a retired San Francisco cop about 25 years ago *for good luck (so far, so good (knocks on wood)), ubiquitous iPhone with a kickstand ring, the free Kershaw knife I got when I joined USCCA (yes itís folded closed for carry, duh), keys/Swiss Army knife/Fenix flashlight on a fancy (gifted) keychain, and my fancy (another gift) wallet.

Not pictured are my Kore Essentials gun belt (for holster days although I havenít worn a holster in three months), and a watch (Sinn EZM-10, which is pretty bad-a$$ when you get bored with Rolex, aka the Glock of the watch world).

I also have a HK P30SK in 9mm that Iím trying to love. But the P2kSK is just a wee bit more concealable, and I shoot the P2kSK just a hair better than the P30SK (more practice would reverse that, itís so close now).

I am also finding with the SmartCarry holster I can very comfortably and very effectively conceal a Compact size pistol, so I may be looking to a USP 9 Compact or P30L (tough to find in California on the secondary market due to being off-roster). I have a VP9 but prefer DA/SA hammer-fired for carry.

I also have a HK45 that seems like a ridiculous hand cannon for carry, but I love to shoot it at the range. Maybe I should see how it feels wearing it in the holster before I pass judgement, but Iím afraid Iíll smirk every time I pull that boss out of my pants...

The pictured HK P2kSK is not on my permit yet but Iím removing the Shield 9mm and XDs 3.3 .45 when I figure out which compact size pistol to carry.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    On another note, is anyone else going through and making guesses on how much/little some actually carry some of these rigs or how much/little some actually practice with their rigs?
    I'll admit that more often than not these days I stuff a G43 in my pocket on my way out the door in lieu of strapping on the M8. Life comes at you fast, bro.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Show off your EDC HK

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post

I carry a pistol every time I leave my house, unless Iím going running and have nothing of value on me. Admittedly I sometimes carry my Sig P228 if Iím in the mood. If you lived in my neighborhood in Philadelphia, Id bet money you would too. Not complaining, I like where I live and the rent is cheap.

As for practice, I try to get to the range once a week and shoot at least 50-100 rounds, and normally do at least a few Mozambique drills, I can walk to my range so I have little excuse not to. In my opinion if you carry and donít shoot once a month, or better, itís borderline irresponsible. I live in a crowded city and if I pull the trigger in a bad situation (I pray to God I never have to). I want to be damn sure I donít miss.
    Last edited by ChefOTheRuler; 12-17-2017 at 01:52 AM.
    "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links