Problem Reinstalling P7 Slide After Cleaning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem Reinstalling P7 Slide After Cleaning

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I've had that problem the cause has been the disassembly button has too much spring tension. You have to press the button in as you seat the rear of the slide. If you push the button in with the slide off, you'll see how it can prevent the slide from seating.

Also, the recoil spring is directional, even though it's hard to see the difference. Putting the recoil spring in backwards, can make it difficult to reassemble.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
    Also, the recoil spring is directional, even though it's hard to see the difference. Putting the recoil spring in backwards, can make it difficult to reassemble.
    Really? I did not know this.

One of my M13s that was well used when I bought it gave me fits at first getting the slide back on because the parts were no longer held very tightly by the retaining pins. The slightest bit of slop can send a bar or pin out of alignment during reassembly and the slide would get stuck. Now I'm used to it and don't have a problem but it took some careful observation to discover what was happening.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It also appears your left grip panel is not installed correctly. It looks like it is tilted forward (rotated counterclockwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Two of the frame without the slide:
    The top edge should be horizontal, like the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Last edited by nitmr26; 09-30-2017 at 02:22 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nitmr26 View Post
    It also appears your left grip panel is not installed correctly. It looks like it is tilted forward (rotated counterclockwise).

The top edge should be horizontal, like the right side.
    Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't noticed it.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Wolff recoil springs for the P7 are definitely directional. I'm not sure if the HK factory springs are.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Your left grip is sticking out. This is due to the pin which is mounted horizontally across the receiver (holds slide stop on left and disconnector on right) sticking out on the left side. Push is back to the right, re-centering it.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links