VP9/P30 interchangeable grip panel question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VP9/P30 interchangeable grip panel question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9/P30 interchangeable grip panel question

My search abilities are lacking tonight. I seem to remember reading that some have found that adjusting the grips on the P30/VP9 series can actually help change your target pattern. I have been working a lot on my grip and trigger pull but I still pattern a little to the left. From what I remember, there was a suggestion along the lines that a large panel for the left, medium back and medium or small right seemed to correct the problem somewhat for right handed shooters (or some other combination). Am I dreaming or is there a combination that helps with moving your pattern a little to the right?

Thanks!

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BB61 View Post
    My search abilities are lacking tonight. I seem to remember reading that some have found that adjusting the grips on the P30/VP9 series can actually help change your target pattern. I have been working a lot on my grip and trigger pull but I still pattern a little to the left. From what I remember, there was a suggestion along the lines that a large panel for the left, medium back and medium or small right seemed to correct the problem somewhat for right handed shooters (or some other combination). Am I dreaming or is there a combination that helps with moving your pattern a little to the right?

Thanks!
    can be too much finger on the trigger (if right handed)
    use the middle of the pad of the finger (where the fingerprint is) and not the joint
    using a larger right side panel can help this

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

I am right handed and have L for right, M for left, and M backstrap. This combo results in my strong hand shifting a bit to the left and the trigger hitting my trigger finger right on the pad where I want it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am also right handed and after much trial and error I've found M left, L right, and S back works for me. The key to accuracy is trigger control, pulling the trigger to break the shot without the sights moving off target until recoil makes them. The grip is the key to trigger control. This includes hand placement, trigger finger placement, grip pressure. The only movement you want to feel in your grip is your trigger finger pressing the trigger straight back. There is no way anyone can tell you which combination of grip panels will achieve this for you. Trial and error on your part will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone. I’ll be going to the range and testing the different combinations as detailed here. And, of course, work on my grip and trigger pull still.

Quick question. Is it safe to try the different combinations without putting the pin back into the grip?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quick question. Is it safe to try the different combinations without putting the pin back into the grip?
    affirmative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macsak View Post
    affirmative
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it safe to try the different combinations without putting the pin back into the grip?
    Like many, I've been playing with combinations. During the process, I've left the pin out. The other day on the range, I noticed the rear panel starting to work itself out. Just now I put a length of string in place of the pin and tied it off. I think that'll work for me until I'm ready to replace the pin.
    Old fart, with guns

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I should try this, but my OCD requires that all grip panels are the same size. I don't think I could handle having one side bigger than the other!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post
    Like many, I've been playing with combinations. During the process, I've left the pin out. The other day on the range, I noticed the rear panel starting to work itself out. Just now I put a length of string in place of the pin and tied it off. I think that'll work for me until I'm ready to replace the pin.
    I’m thinking a twisty tie might be easier to use. I’ll have to try the string and twisty tie next time I’m at the range.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links