VP9 sight options: LE Nights or Aftermarket? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VP9 sight options: LE Nights or Aftermarket?

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Can one of you guys with TFX Pro sights post a picture in a low light setting? I'm having a hard time believing that the small tritium vial generates enough light to power the fiber optic rods effectively. The combo seems ingenious, but would like to see how it looks before dropping $$ on a set. Thanks!

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    Can one of you guys with TFX Pro sights post a picture in a low light setting? I'm having a hard time believing that the small tritium vial generates enough light to power the fiber optic rods effectively. The combo seems ingenious, but would like to see how it looks before dropping $$ on a set. Thanks!
    Are we talking low or dark? The tritium vial doesn't power the fiber optic, the fiber optic is brightened by ambient light, meant for daytime, outdoors its super bright but if you are in an indoor range or a room the light source needs to be fairly close to overhead to "brighten" the fiber optics, in darkness the tritium glows same as my other pistols - I can try to snap a pic of my PPQ if you'd like but let me know what type of lighting you want -

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Are we talking low or dark? The tritium vial doesn't power the fiber optic, the fiber optic is brightened by ambient light, meant for daytime, outdoors its super bright but if you are in an indoor range or a room the light source needs to be fairly close to overhead to "brighten" the fiber optics, in darkness the tritium glows same as my other pistols - I can try to snap a pic of my PPQ if you'd like but let me know what type of lighting you want -
    So looking at a diagram of the sight, the tritium vial sits "behind" (closer to muzzle) the fiber optic rod (closer to shooter). You are not looking directly at the tritium vial, because it's placed behind the fiber optic rod. So, to "see" the tritium, you are looking through the fiber optic rod i.e. the light from the tritium vial is transmitted through the fiber optic rod. Does that make sense? So a very low light or total dark pic of the sights would be awesome to get a sense of how effective this system is.
    Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Here are pics I posted on another forum of TFX pros on my Springfield XDE. At night it looks just like the NS on my Shield or the standard Mepros on the H&Ks. Same thing at night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VP9 sight options: LE Nights or Aftermarket?-20170925_185251_1507848643599.jpg   VP9 sight options: LE Nights or Aftermarket?-20170925_185306_1507848665355.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you can beat the LE package night sights for the price of the overall package and from what I have read and experienced, they are really good.

If you don't go that way, my personal favorites are Trijicon night sights.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GLADIAT0R View Post
    Here are pics I posted on another forum of TFX pros on my Springfield XDE. At night it looks just like the NS on my Shield or the standard Mepros on the H&Ks. Same thing at night.
    Wow! Thanks @GLADIAT0R appreciate that!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My brother has TFX pros on his clock 27, they are bright! really nice sights...
    HK VP9 LE FDE
    CZ Shadow 2
    CZ Scorpion Evo Carbine
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    So looking at a diagram of the sight, the tritium vial sits "behind" (closer to muzzle) the fiber optic rod (closer to shooter). You are not looking directly at the tritium vial, because it's placed behind the fiber optic rod. So, to "see" the tritium, you are looking through the fiber optic rod i.e. the light from the tritium vial is transmitted through the fiber optic rod. Does that make sense? So a very low light or total dark pic of the sights would be awesome to get a sense of how effective this system is.
    Thanks!
    Completely 'effective', the Fiber Optics pick up light from above and the sides, Tritium is for darkness where it glows, they're the same brightness as my HDs or Meps in complete darkness.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Completely 'effective', the Fiber Optics pick up light from above and the sides, Tritium is for darkness where it glows, they're the same brightness as my HDs or Meps in complete darkness.
    Thanks @WolfieRules The pic @GLADIAT0R posted corroborates this! I just picked up the set being sold here on the forum, so kinda excited to try them out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah the TFX Pros are incredible.

Today I purchased a VP9 LE and VP9SK LE for the extra mags and the fact the night sights are factory and they are identical to all my other sights...but I will say that the TFX Pros overall are better sights and i would highly recommend them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links