Least Favorite HK Handgun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite HK Handgun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VP70. Hard to get used to the grip, the sights are difficult to focus on, and of course the trigger pull of a staple gun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

P7 and Mark 23.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timeexposure View Post
    I just responded to the Favorite thread, and wondered if there are folks on the HKPro Forum who dislike a particular HK Pistol? I expect the HK "dislikes" to relate more to trigger preferences, but let's see if anyone has a model they don't like. I'll start, because, despite loving HK more than other gun manufacturers, there is one I don't like...

The P30SK.

I bought one and took a second one in trade. I haven't shot the second one. But the first one I have shot more than the other HK's in my collection. Reason?

For reasons I cannot determine, I cannot get tight groupings with the P30SK. And I keep trying, which is why I have shot it more than my other HK's. The big .45's? I shoot my USP Expert very well, and the HK45 nearly as well. The VP9? Not my favorite among the striker fired "super 9's" but I shoot it slightly better than the HK45 (but not as well as the Expert).

Is it the size? Maybe...I also have a P2000SK. Similar size, although I can just barely get part of my pinky finger on the grip. I shoot the P2000SK WAY better than the P30SK.

To be fair, I have developed a new technique for my grip that has improved my scores on other pistols, but I haven't tried it yet on the P30SK. And my criteria for determining accuracy is hardly an indication of my ability. I only shoot at paper targets, hand held, at 10 yards, at an indoor range. Considering that is the extent of my experience shooting guns, I hardly consider myself a "good" or "serious" shooter.

So, anyone else in the HK Fan Club have an HK they're not fond of? If so, Why?
    ? Which of the striker fired super 9’s is your favorite or best in your opinion? I’m a glock 17/19 lover in that category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I haven’t shot enough HK and only own 2, but I would guess the vp7 would not be a winner for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

P30. I just can't shoot it well. I could should my VP9's and HK45t very very well. P30 LEM, can't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apeaks24 View Post
    What trigger do you have on that P30SK?
    California’s seemingly ubiquitous V3 trigger (SA/DA) with decocker on the rear of the slide. The one I’m shooting is the LE (night sights). The one that hasn’t been shot yet is also a V3 trigger but with standard sights.

Quote Originally Posted by dguillory View Post
    ? Which of the striker fired super 9’s is your favorite or best in your opinion? I’m a glock 17/19 lover in that category.
    I do like the Glocks but they’re at the bottom of my personal list. So going backwards from there, number four is the VP9, number three is the SIG P320, number two is the Walther PPQ (Mod. 1). My favorite is the CZ P10C.

The top two are because of the trigger, but I’d never sell the P320 because of the modularity (presuming all returns to normal someday after “voluntary upgrades” and satisfying the US Army).

As for my accuracy tracking, CZ is numero uno, followed closely by the VP9, then PPQ, SIG, and Glock 19.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I love all my HKs and have no least favorites. But the HK that was most difficult to learn was the P2000 in heavy LEM. I tended to grip the gun very hard as I worked the LEM trigger with a semi-lose finger. I learned to do the opposite: I dialed back the grip pressure, stiffened and straightened my trigger finger, and now the gun shoots like a dream 10-15 yds out. It's joy to shoot like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    HK USP series. I tried them but prefer P30 series/HK45/VP9 and shoot them better.
    ^^This. I find the entire USP line to be very blocky in the grip area. It’s kinda sad because I know I’m missing out on the Expert series of guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

P7 series

Hot box shooters, low capacity, and a lot of trigger over travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dobe

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Feel I may have my Hk card revoked for admitting this
    Rented a P7 once and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
    The Squeeze Cocker just freaked me out - LOL!

Maybe with some more range time I'd warm up to one?
    Strangely, I took to LEM like a duck to water.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links