New VP 9 Owner Failure to feed issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New VP 9 Owner Failure to feed issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    I would be willing to bet the problem was the reloads. Try anything Federal American Eagle or Speer Lawman if available. If not something else in 124 or 147 grain and you should be good to go.
    This is what I am going to try. Thanks.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Agreed. You’ll find you’re not alone, why pick up an HK if not held to a higher standard (the posted XDM is cheaper, which is an HS2000 with a Springfield tax).
    The VPx is reported to malfunction with 115gr out of the box, but fine after broken-in.

What is your /rd cost?
    Online (SGAmmo) 1K/pk S&B 124gr FMJ is $0.19/rd delivered.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Agreed. You’ll find you’re not alone, why pick up an HK if not held to a higher standard (the posted XDM is cheaper, which is an HS2000 with a Springfield tax).
    The VPx is reported to malfunction with 115gr out of the box, but fine after broken-in.

What is your /rd cost?
    My favorite range ammo is S&B, it's cheap, reliable, relatively hot and clean. I go 500-1000 rounds between cleanings, without issue. Close enough to reloads, if not in some cases cheaper depending where you buy, to justify not shooting unknown commodities aka reloads.

FWIW, I stumbled onto TargetSportsUSA Prime membership, I now get the above for a shade less than 18 cents/round.
    Last edited by WolfieRules; 10-30-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKSteve9 View Post
    My budget won't fit with my habit if I can't shoot reloads through this VP9!! Typically go once a week and shoot at least 200 rounds.

It's encouraging to hear that most don't experience this issue but discouraging at the same time.

Until it becomes more reliable, it is in the bottom of the case. I am not confident pulling it out at this time in a self defense situation....which what I paid for it...is unacceptable.

IMO this should be rock solid and reliable out of the case.

Back to the range tomorrow.
    Happy to buy it from you since you don't seem to like it, how's $10 sound?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post

What is your /rd cost?
    .19/rd delivered is a great deal. I'll check it out. Have not tried the SG Ammo before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Happy to buy it from you since you don't seem to like it, how's $10 sound?
    LOL. Hoping once I run some hotter ammo through it that it will be my fav. It really does feel great in my hands. Switched out the side and back panels which really customized the fit. Big fan of the trigger as well.

Nice try though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A few boxes of WWB NATO ($9.50 a box from my local source) was all it took to break in mine. Now it eats anything.
    Old fart, with guns

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

.19/rd delivered is a great deal. I'll check it out. Have not tried the SG Ammo before.
    SGAmmo is my second favorite ammo supplier, or if I'm in a hurry, as UPS delivers next day from when shipped.

If you want to check out, search for Prime Membership TargetSportsUSA, as if Prime member, all shipments are free, and discounted to at/near cost (so they say, prices are stupid cheap)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Federal American Eagle is by far the best buy in ammo now. Federal is running a 25% off rebate for the rest of the year up to a maximum of $200 which would be about FOUR cases worth. Last purchase for me was about $7.85 a box of 50. I also find AE to be consistently the most accurate practice ammo out of a variety of my pistols, especially 124 and 147 GR 9MM.

https://www.federalpremium.com/news/...s_rebates.aspx
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

LOL. Hoping once I run some hotter ammo through it that it will be my fav. It really does feel great in my hands. Switched out the side and back panels which really customized the fit. Big fan of the trigger as well.

Nice try though!
    Search the forum for this topic. The vp9 comes with the same spring as the vp40, thus, it requires stout ammo to loosen it up. I had numerous failures with 115 grain ammo through my second vp9 for the first 250 rounds. Now it shoots anything. Hk manufactures their guns to a certain ammo. It will shoot anything after the spring loosens up. It is a great pistol, I have two for a reason, I think it will be your favorite once you get through the break in.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links