P30sk Compensated
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbinmt

Thread: P30sk Compensated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P30sk Compensated

How bad of an idea would it be to buy a threaded barrel and compensator for my P30sk?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Just save up a little more and get the VP9T

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

If you love the p30sk, and will use the gun in various configurations, I say go for it. With a 13 round mag, neat little package......

Though I might do a qd match weight, rather than threaded barrel and comp.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-P...-258p18084.htm

Unless the threaded barrel will also facilitate a suppressor

Or need the pic rail for a light......

While the vp9 is a fine gun, if you like hammers the p30 series is great. I like my trio, and just got a qd match weight for the "L" to give it a try.
    Last edited by kbinmt; 11-28-2017 at 01:56 AM.
    omega21 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am a fan of hammer fired over striker. I hadn't considered the QD match weight. Has anyone weighed in on it's effectiveness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In response to the original post I don’t think that’s a bad idea but, I do have questions about what effects a comp would have on the reliability of the pistol. I’ve seen race guns that had tuning issues for reliability when a different format of comp was applied to the build. That being said, I still want to experiment with putting a comp on my pistol. I have hit a wall on the project, I cannot find a threaded CHF barrel for the P30SK. I want to stick with a polygonal rifling as to not sacrifice any velocity or accuracy. In reality I just want a threaded barrel to have the option of using a suppressor and to have the extra barrel length to utilize for as much velocity as I can get, I want that more than I want to add a comp.
    Last edited by Nynwyr; 03-17-2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Not enough information

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm also concerned about the reliability of said idea. For now it's on the backburner of projects, but if I ever get it done I'll update with how the reliability has been effected.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Othe_Dance View Post
    I am a fan of hammer fired over striker. I hadn't considered the QD match weight. Has anyone weighed in on it's effectiveness?
    @Lord_Othe_Dance it's a gimmick. It looks cool and has zero impact on reliability. It adds weight to the front which theoretically offsets muzzle flip. I don't find any reduction in flip on a full size P30L or USP with these type of "Match-style" weights. They do change the balance of the pistol which takes getting used to. Again, in my experience they look cool and don't hurt reliability so totally worth the $150. Also, you can use them with a threaded HK barrel or a non-threaded extended barrel by EFK or Jarvis.
    As far as a "compensator" consider that you can get EFK Firedragon barrels with different styles of porting in them to act as a comp. Not sure if Jarvis offers that. EFK barrels can also be had in stainless finish (contrast from the black gun) or all black. So for this project you have options worth looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynwyr View Post
    I want to stick with a polygonal rifling as to not sacrifice any velocity or accuracy.
    Others can weigh in here, but I believe there is no impact on accuracy from polygonal rifling.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Sponsored Links