What is the fascination with the VP9? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is the fascination with the VP9?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post

So tell us which ones (HK pistols) you do like and why , just curious .
    I love the P30L v1 lem and Expert. Both pistols with that nice short and crisp reset, muzzle heavy, and solid. The P30L especially with the tighter texture grip, just makes the VP9 feel cheap.

I jumped on the VP9 bandwagon when they came out....it’s a nice size compact and I carry it with me every working day, so of course I depend on it and know it will be reliable as it is still a HK. It is just not a pistol I’m dying to shoot at the range unlike the Expert or P30, which to me are the pleasure pistols to shoot.

I have never been a glock fan, so I suppose I have an inner biased against a striker fired pistol even though I own a few...they are just not my favorite. I prefer the hammer. As someone else mentioned that the market is all for striker fired pistols right now...while true, but expensive pistols with hammers are what’s more disersble...and there is a reason for that.

I believe those of you that have only shot that VP9 as your only HK are missing out on what a true HK should feel like.
    Last edited by LEEF; 12-15-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have USPs, P30L (with the light LEM trigger), and now the VP9 (SFP9). I found the one that I consistently produced my best and fastest split times with was my non-H&K pistol. Then while at the range, one of the guys was raving about this SFP9. Having been a fan of the P30L but not a fan of the long trigger travel and relatively long reset, I decided to give this SFP9 a try. Within a few magazines, I was able to produce comparatively quick and accurate shots. I really liked that the trigger face felt flat on the pad of my finger. This is not the case with my "other" pistol. On the other pistol, the safety "blade" in the trigger feels like a vertical sharp edge when my trigger finger pulls it (yeah, yeah, yeah I know - squeeze not pull) and this isn't the case with the SFP9. The trigger break is distinct and the reset tactile and audible -- to me, this is very important. I prefer to keep my triggers stock (call me crazy). The grip is identical to my P30L but the muzzle flip much less with the SFP9. This in turns allows me to get more shots on the same target in less time - consistently. If all pistols cost a dollar, I'd choose this pistol. I truly believe H&K outdid themselves with the VP9/SFP9. When I compare my pistols, I like to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. When I compare this to my other pistol (non-H&K) that I can produce great results with, my SFP9's trigger reset is not as short but it's so close that it's negligible. My SFP9 is more fun to shoot when I'm using my timer (I'm anal this way because numbers don't lie whereas perceptions often do), it's more comfortable over an extended period of shooting and in the words of Dwayne Johnston's character Wierdicht in his movie Central Intelligence, the SFP9 is "sexy as dick" :-)
    Last edited by venomsfp9; 12-15-2017 at 02:25 AM. Reason: additional info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why the fascination? Because it's better then Glovp.
    If you seek peace buy a USP.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Last year around this time, places were blowing them out for Black Friday at or close to $400. Think about how many people have become "HK Owners" because of that.
    Who was? Damn, I'd have put my quest to finish the pile of AR lowers I have on hold.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Because it's better than a Block.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    Who was? Damn, I'd have put my quest to finish the pile of AR lowers I have on hold.
    CDNN Sports, Grabagun, Bud's, Aim Surplus, Top Gun Supply... I'm a little shocked to see them at $579 right now.

Keep your eye on CDNN if you're in the market.

Frankly, I don't get the fascination for the VP9. They are a "decent" pistol for a "decent" price. Not bad, certainly not great, just decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post

I believe those of you that have only shot that VP9 as your only HK are missing out on what a true HK should feel like.
    I agree. There is truth behind what you're saying. I've shot the P7's in addition to the USP's. I have a strong admiration for the USP's because it was my first H&K pistol. The P7 is unique but it's certainly not a model I wanna live with. My buddy has a P2000 9mm and I'm fond of it, probably because I have medium size hands and it fits my hands well. But none of these makes me feel like the grip was sculpted to my hands like the grip of the P30L and the SFP9. I want low muzzle rise, short trigger reset, comfortable trigger guard that doesn't irritate my 3rd finger knuckle and reliability like a Singer sewing machine. The P7 frame heats up like no other when shooting an abundance of rounds, the USP feels blocky in comparison (but I still love it). The VP9/SFP9 just seems to fit all those characteristics I'm looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've owned multiple HK pistols. I've had a USP 45, USP 45 Match, USP 40, USP 40 compact. Sold the USP 40 compact recently and it funded the VP 9. I also have several striker fired pistols, the VP 9 fits my hand very well. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, maybe this weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the vp9 is a incredibly easy gun to shoot. You see a lot of threads of peoples wives or girl friends shooting it well with little practice. I started it with a vp9 then sold and got a usp and sold that to get my now p30. I shoot the p30 better then the usp but i'm always dead on with the vp9 even if i havent shot it in 6 months. i'll probably pick up vp9sk in the future, but i agree hammer fire hk feels like a more traditional HK. Similar to those old school mercedes when they were built like tanks.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    Frankly, I don't get the fascination for the VP9.
    With the exception of the engineering and it's execution in the P7 series , I don't see the " fascination" with any gun . Most are fairly simple mechanical devices . Once you figure out the timing , the delivery is pretty simple .
    Certified NRA RSO

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links