What is the fascination with the VP9? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is the fascination with the VP9?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I shot my VP9 better than my PPQ M1. I do not find the trigger mushy and I shoot the VP9 better than any pistol and the VP9 is my EDC.I am going to buy a VP9SK when they come out in Grey or OD Green.I believe the VP is the best striker fire pistol for sale today.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Unknown!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The VP9 was my first handgun ever, but in comparison to its stablemates, it had an excellent trigger, ergo's are fantastic, and is definitely the looker of the lot. That in itself is enough to justify popularity, but add in the fact that HK's usually are pretty pricey, and you've got a recipe for success!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    If the VP9 had the trigger system of the Walther PPQ, the VP9 would win hands down. The PPQ is crisper with no mushy overtravel unlike the VP9. In all other categories, the VP9 beats the PPQ.
    Owning both, I don't have any 'mush' in my VP9 triggers, and you can see I have a few of them. I prefer the VP9 trigger, the PPQ is a good target pistol trigger, but EDC I wouldn't - I'm sure there are trigger snobs on any forum suggesting the PPQ is perfect, it's just too light for EDC.

I do agree, with exception of trigger for target practice, VP9 is a better overall handgun than PPQ.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think HK has a real advantage over Glock, in that it is truly ready out of the box - and zero changes need to be made. I enjoyed making mods to my Glock...like the sights...the trigger...the grips...wait, what's left? And I don't feel as comfortable doing that to an HK - but also, I don't need to do anything. I don't think the Mepro sights are my favorite, but they work, and the ergos on the VP series are unreal. And now, the only reason people stick with Glocks, is because they are "too invested" in them, which is somewhat valid.

When first time owners are looking, though, it's also hard for me to not point them to a Glock, as used ones are in abundance, the aftermarket support is the best, and you can always resell a Glock. But if you put an HK VP series in their hands...

Having said that, when I compare the VP9 to the G19, the G19 is a bit smaller, lighter, etc. And some with the SKs vs the G26.

I guess the paddle mag release is another point of departure for people - as evidenced that the biggest complaints on the PPS M1 was the paddle. Of course, everyone that gets used to the paddle, release it's inherent (true ambi) and tactical (fast release with minimal grip change) advantages.

There's another thread about the single stack future - and I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon - but a single stack VP series, striker or DA/SA, would be amazing.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK has always had a lot of snob appeal, and based on many of the replies here I think the same is true regarding "real" HK pistols and the VP9. I think if HK had put a $900 price tag on the VP9 some of these same people would be lauding it as the pinnacle of striker fired pistol development. I mean do you really think it costs HK more to make the P30 frame than the VP9 frame? How about the barrel? The slide? Can you really show examples of how I p30 slide is more finely machined? Sure the internals are different but that's about it. And this is coming from an owner of a P30, a P30sk, a 45c and a VP9.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDollar View Post
    HK has always had a lot of snob appeal, and based on many of the replies here I think the same is true regarding "real" HK pistols and the VP9. I think if HK had put a $900 price tag on the VP9 some of these same people would be lauding it as the pinnacle of striker fired pistol development. I mean do you really think it costs HK more to make the P30 frame than the VP9 frame? How about the barrel? The slide? Can you really show examples of how I p30 slide is more finely machined? Sure the internals are different but that's about it. And this is coming from an owner of a P30, a P30sk, a 45c and a VP9.
    The VP9 is cheaper to produce. The slides are not milled from individual castings. That's not to say that it's of inferior quality, but it is cheaper to produce.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

VP what??? I couldn't hear your question over the droning of USP in my brain...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    VP what??? I couldn't hear your question over the droning of USP in my brain...
    And Mark 23!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ITD1944 View Post
    The VP9 is cheaper to produce. The slides are not milled from individual castings. That's not to say that it's of inferior quality, but it is cheaper to produce.
    OK, add $10 per unit to the P30 production cost. I'm probably being generous.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links