What is the fascination with the VP9?
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is the fascination with the VP9?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default What is the fascination with the VP9?

I own a VP9...and while its a great gun, it is my least favorite HK to shoot and it pretty much stays in my work laptop bag. It does go to the range with me every now and then, and after a few mags, I can't wait to go back to one of my other HKs.

In my opinion, I think the VP9 introduced a lot of the glock fanboys into the HK realm by making a HK pistol that is cheaper/more affordable, and often times, you get the "My first HK! Here it is...a VP9" effect. But it seems that every time you mention HK, the VP9 is brought up and how great it is...but to me, its not that great especially compared to other items on the HK menu.
    dpadams6 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

For an HK striker gun it is greatness, compared to most striker 9mm, it is greatness right out of the box.

All my buddies who are Block fanboys spend more in 'upgrades' than they did on the pistol, easily surpassing the price of pretty much all HK handguns, save a few.

What's not to like about the VP9, LEEF? Most think the VP9 was introduced by HK to allow for a lower price point than the usual grand to get an HK, and they did a pretty good job in doing so.

I'd say go shoot your VP9, a Block, an FN, etc. then ask yourself, which is your preferred striker fired 9mm (sans mods)....
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The VP9SK was my gateway drug, followed quickly by a VP9. Now that I'm "in", I'm saving money for a "real" H&K.
    Old fart, with guns

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

H7K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've mostly owned HK and so I bought a VP9 as soon as they became available. I was disappointed in it and traded it for P2000. Ive never been a striker guy, and am much more comfortable with a hammer for every day carry. I personally think the fascination is all about being able to own a HK at more mainstream price for people who prefer a striker. The Noir VP9 just had me shaking my head....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H7K View Post
    I've mostly owned HK and so I bought a VP9 as soon as they became available. I was disappointed in it and traded it for P2000. Ive never been a striker guy, and am much more comfortable with a hammer for every day carry. I personally think the fascination is all about being able to own a HK at more mainstream price for people who prefer a striker. The Noir VP9 just had me shaking my head....
    This is pretty much what I was getting at. The VP9 literally feels cheaper (as it should) compared to other HKs. A true HK connoisseur would not consider the VP9 as the end all HK and chuckle at the Noir VP9.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

It's accessible. I think HK knew what they were doing creating their "gateway drug". Ultimately I think the VP9 is going to sell a lot of P30s and then by extension USPs.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. It's a striker-fire pistol when the trend has been striker-fired pistols.
    2. It's priced similar to a Glock.

Basically those are the reasons in my opinion.
    dpadams6 likes this.
    Current:
    HK45 v1
    P2000 v3 9mm
    P2000 v2 --> v1 9mm
    USP v1 9mm
    VP9 LE Grey

Past:
    P2000sk v3 .40 (traded for the USP9)
    P30L v3 9mm (sold before moving to California)

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's cheap. Price is and will always be a very important selling point. Although the SFP9 (we don't do VP9s here) is a nice pistol, I don't think it stands out. It's a good pistol, not a perfect or a bad one.. a good one, like dozens of other pistols.

It's just an affordable piece that gained popularity due to accessibility.
    Taktisch ausweichen, später anschließen!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The price.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

When HK comes out with a small single stack 9mm that will be the new gateway. VP9 is okay but I like the P30 better but I like to shoot my P7M8 more than the P30.

Everyone has their preference but it is nice to have a variety of models to choose from.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links