My USP is experiencing frequent failures to feed. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My USP is experiencing frequent failures to feed.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyno View Post
    I can't understand how an overtravel screw in the trigger would affect the gun's ability to feed the next round. That doesn't make any sense.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...sp-45-ftf.html... Your changed condtion is the match trigger, see post #8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would definitely determine that all the after market parts are all installed correctly and not loose or missing.

Other thoughts:
    How is your recoil spring/guide rod assembly looking?
    Limp wristing can always cause feeding issues. I had to learn to be more conscious of my grip due to some malfunctions with the VP9 caused by poor handling before I could relegate the grip back to my subconscious mechanics. With it happening once every few hundred rounds, it makes me wonder if you just have a bad purchase on the firearm from time to time.

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It is worth noting that the FTFs began after the installation of the match trigger kit. Where I am from that is called a clue. You might consider allowing the person who installed the trigger look at it.

This goes to another topic tangentially. If you can afford it, it is a good idea to have a 2nd identical defensive handgun in reserve for this sort of inevitability.
    Last edited by Tug; 12-17-2017 at 02:03 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Those are great photos by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If it were the magazine springs, I'd assume the problem would be more frequent. And I assume you're trying with more than one magazine, unlikely they'd all be going out.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...sp-45-ftf.html... Your changed condtion is the match trigger, see post #8.
    Post #8 with regards to the stop screw being too far out seems like a reasonable explanation.

@Hyno I'd suggest turning the stop screw all the way in and shoot the gun again. If you have no more FTF's, then congrats you've found the culprit.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    I can't understand how an overtravel screw in the trigger would affect the gun's ability to feed the next round. That doesn't make any sense.
    Well, considering that I have my overtravel screw nearly all the way in, there's no way it is the cause. It's as if I don't have an overtravel screw at all to be honest with how far in I have it set. Is serving no purpose really.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    It is worth noting that the FTFs began after the installation of the match trigger kit. Where I am from that is called a clue. You might consider allowing the person who installed the trigger look at it.

This goes to another topic tangentially. If you can afford it, it is a good idea to have a 2nd identical defensive handgun in reserve for this sort of inevitability.
    My USP is a range gun. No need for another identical piece. I think I'm going to purchase a new RSA and see if that solves it, and if not, it will go into HK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limp_wristing

Limp wristing is a phenomenon commonly encountered by semi-automatic pistol shooters, where the shooter's grip is not firm enough and the wrist is not held firm/straight enough to keep the frame of the firearm from traveling rearward while the bolt or slide of the pistol cycles.

Seems some people are afraid of words they dont understand

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

My USP is a range gun. No need for another identical piece. I think I'm going to purchase a new RSA and see if that solves it, and if not, it will go into HK.
    Personally, I think that will resolve your problem.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links