My USP is experiencing frequent failures to feed. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My USP is experiencing frequent failures to feed.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I have tried to limp wrist my fullsize USP. 45 over & over without success, it fires and returns into battery no matter what.

My USP Compact 9mm wants a firm platform to work against, when training women it will malfunction easily if I don't instruct on a firm grip from wrists to shoulder.

Let us know if the new RSA resolves the problem!
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M1garand View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limp_wristing

Limp wristing is a phenomenon commonly encountered by semi-automatic pistol shooters, where the shooter's grip is not firm enough and the wrist is not held firm/straight enough to keep the frame of the firearm from traveling rearward while the bolt or slide of the pistol cycles.

Seems some people are afraid of words they dont understand
    I am well aware of what limp wristing is. Not sure why you feel the need to come into my thread and attack me with accusations that I don't understand what I'm talking about. Next time, click the back button and move one rather than being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by ITD1944 View Post
    Personally, I think that will resolve your problem.
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    I have tried to limp wrist my fullsize USP. 45 over & over without success, it fires and returns into battery no matter what.

My USP Compact 9mm wants a firm platform to work against, when training women it will malfunction easily if I don't instruct on a firm grip from wrists to shoulder.

Let us know if the new RSA resolves the problem!
    I'll be sure to report back.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Looks like a timing issue. HKs high speed camera will isolate the trouble spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any update on this? Did HK have any ideas? Thx

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would love to hear what HK thought the issue was/is.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sry guys, know I haven't posted any sort of updates. I was away for the holidays and extended vacation into the new year. So I didn't get around to sending the firearm out right away. The pistol is now with HK however and I will post a follow-up when I hear from them.
    TheJerkman and racegunner like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Still no news to report guys. I followed up with HK today for a possible update, but there haven't been any notes/updates added to my RMA since the firearm was checked in.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't know if this is of any value- I have a USP 9mm that after 2000 rds began to stovepipe and fail to feed. I replaced the recoil spring, then when that didn't help, the extractor and that had no effect. I shoot almost daily because I work at range- I bought new mags..... nothing helped. I ordered new extractor (again) and spring and popped the old one out and as I tried dropping spring in the well I noticed the amazing "gunk" that had accumulated in the well. Using a dental pick I removed a huge amount or residue and once I reassembled --it was its old self. I immediately changed my cleaning routine so I no longer use a spray cleaner/lube on the slide because I suspect the spraying created the sludge. I now dry brush the slide and use a lubricated patch to wipe things down on all my guns... the 9mm now has north of 10k rounds and runs like a charm... BTW- I have 4 other HK's and many SIG's and it was a problem on all. I just removed my SIG Legion Extractor during my yearly maintenance because I was curious and the USP 9mm and neither had the gunk buildup so my changing cleaning procedures seemed to help... for what it is worth.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drgrey View Post
    Don't know if this is of any value- I have a USP 9mm that after 2000 rds began to stovepipe and fail to feed. I replaced the recoil spring, then when that didn't help, the extractor and that had no effect. I shoot almost daily because I work at range- I bought new mags..... nothing helped. I ordered new extractor (again) and spring and popped the old one out and as I tried dropping spring in the well I noticed the amazing "gunk" that had accumulated in the well. Using a dental pick I removed a huge amount or residue and once I reassembled --it was its old self. I immediately changed my cleaning routine so I no longer use a spray cleaner/lube on the slide because I suspect the spraying created the sludge. I now dry brush the slide and use a lubricated patch to wipe things down on all my guns... the 9mm now has north of 10k rounds and runs like a charm... BTW- I have 4 other HK's and many SIG's and it was a problem on all. I just removed my SIG Legion Extractor during my yearly maintenance because I was curious and the USP 9mm and neither had the gunk buildup so my changing cleaning procedures seemed to help... for what it is worth.
    I felt like I gave the thing a pretty solid cleaning when the issue first began happening. I use a toothbrush and hoppe's 9 to clean everything and then apply wet lube to all areas noted in the manual.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links