Vp9 The worlds best hand gun? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Vp9 The worlds best hand gun?

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I believe the intent of the article was to mean the World's best service pistol (military and police), which the VP9 is, when compared to its' competition of the Beretta, Glock, Sig 320, Walther, and M&P.
    I do think however that the P30/L in LEM is an excellent choice, and even superior in certain applications. The USP is out due to lack of a Picatinny rail.

As to the P7, they are great pistols and I enjoy them myself. However, they are really just a barbecue gun/range toy at this point.
    I know that is going to hurt feelings. Sure you can carry a P7 and it will work fine, but there are much better choices on the market for personal defense/carry weapons.
    No one can can honestly say they would shoot a qualification course, IDPA classifier, or USPSA stage better with a P7 versus a VP9.
    Last edited by PC7; 12-20-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    hauptfeldwebel, dobe and venomsfp9 like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What is the "best"?

The most accurate? Has the best trigger? Has the best ergonomics? Has the best finish? Has the least malfunctions? Has the brighest nightsights? Has the most optimal weight?

A factory gun can never be the best for everyone. It will always be a compromise of factors that people value differently. It might be a very good gun, but to get the best gun you'll always need to mod something.
    Taktisch ausweichen, später anschließen!

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    As to the P7, they are great pistols and I enjoy them myself. However, they are really just a barbecue gun/range toy at this point.
    I know that is going to hurt feelings.
    More like elicit a chuckle.

Sure you can carry a P7 and it will work fine, but there are much better choices on the market for personal defense/carry weapons.
    Like what? Is there another pistol that is completely disarmed until deployed, impossible for children to operate, more inherently accurate than a fixed barrel pistol whose action does not operate until the bullet leaves the gun with a lower bore axis for less muzzle rise and a trigger better than the stick of butta in a P7? Didn't think so.

I guess you could say that there are lighter carry pistols, yes. Smaller. Higher capacity. There's no such thing as a better choice for carry than the P7 series of pistols and it's unlikely that there ever will be.

No one can can honestly say they would shoot a qualification course, IDPA classifier, or USPSA stage better with a P7 versus a VP9.
    Why not? The two extra rounds? I absolutely shoot faster, more accurately and with better splits with a P7M13 than with a VP9 and I know for a fact I'm not alone. There is nothing about a VP9 that would make it a better choice except I suppose the ability to increase your mag cap to 20.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Vp9 The worlds best hand gun?

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    More like elicit a chuckle.

Like what? Is there another pistol that is completely disarmed until deployed, impossible for children to operate, more inherently accurate than a fixed barrel pistol whose action does not operate until the bullet leaves the gun with a lower bore axis for less muzzle rise and a trigger better than the stick of butta in a P7? Didn't think so.

I guess you could say that there are lighter carry pistols, yes. Smaller. Higher capacity. There's no such thing as a better choice for carry than the P7 series of pistols and it's unlikely that there ever will be.

Why not? The two extra rounds? I absolutely shoot faster, more accurately and with better splits with a P7M13 than with a VP9 and I know for a fact I'm not alone. There is nothing about a VP9 that would make it a better choice except I suppose the ability to increase your mag cap to 20.
    It was a great concept, but it died for a reason.

That fixed barrel thing doesn't mean anything really, not for a handgun which will be fired at less than 25 yards.

A day on the range with my P30 or VP9 is a lot of fun. 60 rounds of rapid fire from a P7 is a bit tough, unless you're wearing asbestos shooting gloves.

I've owned 4 P7m8s. I currently have 3. They are complex novelty guns. If you enjoy carrying them, great. They are not likely to let you down. Yet, I had two problems on one of mine, a sear bar broke, and a gas port was eroded to the point that it didn't function well.

I don't think the triggers are that great either. For a single action only, all of mine had some creep, and all have a lot of over travel.
    I have a nice Del Fatti Holster that I really like. I just don't carry a P7 any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dobe; 12-21-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    Dobe

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@dobe , your misconceptions about the P7M8 aside, I'll take that Del Fatti off your hands if you want to get rid of it.
    dobe likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    @dobe , your misconceptions about the P7M8 aside, I'll take that Del Fatti off your hands if you want to get rid of it.
    That's funny, on both counts. Thanks for the chuckle before bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

ive never held an HK I don't like!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just took the ride into the city to visit a pawn shop to arrange for a new gun I just purchased from out of state to be sent to them. And they have two used VP9s in the case for sale. The guy there had no idea why they were sold, but I found it rather curious.
    The Work of a Nation. The Center of Intelligence.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    I just took the ride into the city to visit a pawn shop to arrange for a new gun I just purchased from out of state to be sent to them. And they have two used VP9s in the case for sale. The guy there had no idea why they were sold, but I found it rather curious.
    Guns are sold for a variety of reasons, many of which have nothing to do with the merits of the gun.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't know about the world's best handgun, but how about the world's best polymer striker fired gun?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links