Looking for advice on which VP9 (LE vs Tactical) to get as my first HK - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for advice on which VP9 (LE vs Tactical) to get as my first HK

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echup View Post
    Ya thatís what Iím saying in terms of value, the Tactical for $15 more is amazing.

Can you point to me where it mentions anything about the marine finish on the Tactical? Havenít been able to find that anywhere. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's on the HK GmbH website and that pistol version isn't available in the U.S. (yet).

https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...-overview.html

That said, the VP9 pistols are "Hostile Environment" finished which is a type of nitriding and will help keep salt water from eating the slide alive. If you're ever doing underwater demolition, boarding vessels, or chasing down X on the high seas, the specialized maritime finish is supposed to offer even more, probably internally.
    Last edited by SerpentTactical; 12-28-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Looking for advice on which VP9 (LE vs Tactical) to get as my first HK

Ok boys & girls, I officially ordered it tonight. A VP9 Tactical for $565 Shipped with a 4th mag thrown in for free. I know many told me to just get the Grey frame LE, but for just $15 more, I couldnít pass up the Tactical.

Maybe one day Iíll move and be allowed to suppress...

Anyway, it feels pretty cool being an HK owner now!! Pretty pumped to shoot it! And looking forward to posting about it with you all in the future.

Maybe thisíll be the first of many HKs to come...

HK VP9 Tactical
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
    CZ 75 Compact (steel/railed, SKU: 99021)
    CZ 75 Pre-B (1995)
    CZ P-07
    Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don’t keep up with Eastern gun laws much, but I am mildly surprised that threaded barrels aren’t prohibited in New Jersey. That said, I’d always choose to buy the Tactical model of whatever pistol Hk makes. Especially considering the scant price difference. Get the VP9 Tactical.

New Jersey is one bewildering state for firearm prohibitions. Things I’d think are no big deal are prohibited (hollow point ammunition) and things I’d expect to be prohibited aren’t even on NJ’s radar screen (threaded barrels). I’ll probably tempt the fates by saying this but I don’t think I’d ever move East of the Rockies or West of the CA/NV state line. Most gun I own would make a red honking klaxon siren go off the moment I crossed into a new state. HAAANKH! HAAANKH! HAAANKH!
    [Hk91] [Hk MP5-N] [Hk45ct]

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I don’t keep up with Eastern gun laws much, but I am mildly surprised that threaded barrels aren’t prohibited in New Jersey. That said, I’d always choose to buy the Tactical model of whatever pistol Hk makes. Especially considering the scant price difference. Get the VP9 Tactical.

New Jersey is one bewildering state for firearm prohibitions. Things I’d think are no big deal are prohibited (hollow point ammunition) and things I’d expect to be prohibited aren’t even on NJ’s radar screen (threaded barrels). I’ll probably tempt the fates by saying this but I don’t think I’d ever move East of the Rockies or West of the CA/NV state line. Most gun I own would make a red honking klaxon siren go off the moment I crossed into a new state. HAAANKH! HAAANKH! HAAANKH!
    Agreed. NJ/NY/MA/MD/DC are quite nightmarish for gun ownership.

Threaded barrels are definitely an issue in NJ when it comes to long guns- they’re totally illegal which is why the brake must be pinned and welded to it. However, regarding handguns they’re still ok in and of themselves.

Either way, NJ is just a wasteland of a State in so many ways...

Last edited by echup; 12-28-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    TheJerkman likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

^^Trust me man - its not as hard to move out as you think - people will tell you the doom and gloom "oh you wont make as much money outside of NJ" "oh it will be hard to find work" - its all bullshit as far as I'm concerned - your cost of living and getting your freedoms back is worth it.

I don't even want to get into the fact that many on this board who never lived in NJ aren't even aware that there is ZERO chance of a private citizen who isn't a political donor, elite who knows a judge and got him elected, or a non-LEO being able to carry a firearm in ANY capacity for self-defense outside the home, save for hunting which isn't self defense.

When I moved I saved $150 on my first "scary rifle" I bought, a S&W M&P15II - in Jersey you pay extra for the gunsmithing on rifles to make them compliant, or have to buy the compliant version which has the stock fully extended (and is always about $100 more than the "free state version")

Drivers license and a call to NICS (which you don't get charged for), is all that was needed, as it should be. Another fun fact of Jersey is EVERY firearm you purchase you pay for a $15 NICS charge to the state, another tax which is less talked about but is significant considering the amount of firearms purchased yearly there.

Anyway, off my soapbox since I now live in a free state.... you made a good choice on the Tactical, for that price with 4 magazines, SMOKING deal! I paid $550 for mine from PSA back in September and got 2 magazines, but I qualified for the HK rebate so I got 4 for free (6 total) - it has the night sights right, not luminous? I've seen some VP9T's that have the luminous sights which must be a special order configuration.

You will love the pistol, I will be praying for you guys up there.
    echup likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

New Jersey is slowly becoming the east coast version of California. Sorry you live in such a communist state, but congrats on getting the tactical. I too would have bought that over the regular VP9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    ^^Trust me man - its not as hard to move out as you think - people will tell you the doom and gloom "oh you wont make as much money outside of NJ" "oh it will be hard to find work" - its all bullshit as far as I'm concerned - your cost of living and getting your freedoms back is worth it.

I don't even want to get into the fact that many on this board who never lived in NJ aren't even aware that there is ZERO chance of a private citizen who isn't a political donor, elite who knows a judge and got him elected, or a non-LEO being able to carry a firearm in ANY capacity for self-defense outside the home, save for hunting which isn't self defense.

When I moved I saved $150 on my first "scary rifle" I bought, a S&W M&P15II - in Jersey you pay extra for the gunsmithing on rifles to make them compliant, or have to buy the compliant version which has the stock fully extended (and is always about $100 more than the "free state version")

Drivers license and a call to NICS (which you don't get charged for), is all that was needed, as it should be. Another fun fact of Jersey is EVERY firearm you purchase you pay for a $15 NICS charge to the state, another tax which is less talked about but is significant considering the amount of firearms purchased yearly there.

Anyway, off my soapbox since I now live in a free state.... you made a good choice on the Tactical, for that price with 4 magazines, SMOKING deal! I paid $550 for mine from PSA back in September and got 2 magazines, but I qualified for the HK rebate so I got 4 for free (6 total) - it has the night sights right, not luminous? I've seen some VP9T's that have the luminous sights which must be a special order configuration.

You will love the pistol, I will be praying for you guys up there.
    Thanks for the well wishes and encouragement. I have seriously considered moving to Miami actually. And yes I know all about compliance work here and NICS charges. Although my AR compliance was just $30 at Ocean Armory (pinning stock and pin/welding brake). Mike over there is the man!

Handgun ownership is a massive pain with permits taking months to get issued... and of course CCW is nonexistent.

I agree itís an amazing deal! Yes, real night sights, 4 mags, TB the whole shabang! And I remember that $550 deal from Palmetto State which ran during the HK promo. While itís unfortunate I missed that, getting 4 mags instead of 6 in total still ainít bad for about the same price without the promo! I sorta found it interesting that PSA withheld one of the mags from that deal by only giving 2 lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Get the LE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your purchase!
    echup likes this.
    Former Glock user

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTactical View Post
    It's on the HK GmbH website and that pistol version isn't available in the U.S. (yet).

https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...-overview.html

That said, the VP9 pistols are "Hostile Environment" finished which is a type of nitriding and will help keep salt water from eating the slide alive. If you're ever doing underwater demolition, boarding vessels, or chasing down X on the high seas, the specialized maritime finish is supposed to offer even more, probably internally.
    Correct. Sorry for the confusion. I still think the tactical is a good buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links