My New VP9 Is Coming!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My New VP9 Is Coming!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default My New VP9 Is Coming!

Hello. Thanks to all of you answering my questions about the VP9 trigger, I ordered one and it's on the way.

I got it on a GB auction from Sportsmans Supply. It's not the LE model but it comes with 2-15 round magazines and it has the Grey frame, $470.00 with $15 shipping and no cc fees. $485.00 total delivered. Is that a good price?

I'll check out the phosphorus sights and see how I like them. What are some of your favorite night sights for the VP? About all I'm familiar with are the Trijicon HD's. I don't know if it will work with the VP but I do have a large HK sight tool that works on the USP Compact's and P2000's.

Thanks to everyone for their help and replies.

Jim D
    SE Texas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're gonna love it!
    Former Glock user

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One of my favorites. I am sure you will enjoy shooting it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Welcome.
    HK - No Compromise

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Great price and welcome!! I paid much more for my grey vp9 a while back. Just run some strong Ammo through it for a couple hundred rounds. The spring is stiff. Great pistol!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks to all of you, I'm excited. Bought my one and only Xmas present my old self.

JonFrost, I've got plenty of 124 grain +P Golden Saber's. Think those are strong enough or do I need to get some 147's? I've got a case of 124 grain +P HST's that I was going to use as my defense ammo. I'm not all that up on 9mm ammo, is 147 grain a better self defense load? I'm a 65yo vet with leg disabilities but I've also lost some hand and arm strength, the reason for going to the 9mm. Before that, for 20 years I carried a 357 Sig autoloader or a HK USP 45. They just too rough for me to handle anymore. One of the reasons for asking you the best defense ammo for a 9mm is I've still got 400-500 rounds of 357 Sig that I might trade for some good 9mm.

Thanks again all and have a safe super great New Year!!!

Jim D
    SE Texas

BTW, I really like my P2000 also since changing it from a standard lem to a light lem. It's 9mm also and a fine shooter. To me, the light lem does make a difference. JD

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VP9 & VP9SK are two of my favorites. I prefer the Trijicon HD night sights to the phosphorous or Mepro night sights. The hi viz front sight helps my old eyes. Great pistol design. Enjoy!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beat advice on a new vp9, clean and lube it, then run quality 124/147 through it before trying 115. Will need a quick break in.
    HK VP9 LE FDE
    CZ Shadow 2
    CZ Scorpion Evo Carbine
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BCD45 View Post
    Thanks to all of you, I'm excited. Bought my one and only Xmas present my old self.

JonFrost, I've got plenty of 124 grain +P Golden Saber's. Think those are strong enough or do I need to get some 147's? I've got a case of 124 grain +P HST's that I was going to use as my defense ammo. I'm not all that up on 9mm ammo, is 147 grain a better self defense load? I'm a 65yo vet with leg disabilities but I've also lost some hand and arm strength, the reason for going to the 9mm. Before that, for 20 years I carried a 357 Sig autoloader or a HK USP 45. They just too rough for me to handle anymore. One of the reasons for asking you the best defense ammo for a 9mm is I've still got 400-500 rounds of 357 Sig that I might trade for some good 9mm.

Thanks again all and have a safe super great New Year!!!

Jim D
    SE Texas

BTW, I really like my P2000 also since changing it from a standard lem to a light lem. It's 9mm also and a fine shooter. To me, the light lem does make a difference. JD
    You will be fine with what you have! Where in se Texas are you? I grew up in Houston but went to college in Beaumont.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Congrats!

I've put Trijicon HDs on my VP9, ideal upgrade from the factory luminescent sights IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links