MARK 23 GG&G Adapter - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MARK 23 GG&G Adapter

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

As to this post:

Thanks to @AGG for the plug, but alas sales were so dismal I would not do it again short of 10+ for one person or a group buy don in advance!
    To @azimuth Thanks for the loyalty.
    To the question at hand, as the designer of the 3-D printed adapter, my buddy and I went out of our way, through 3 painstaking prototypes, to make an adapter with PERFECT (if I do say so....) dimensions and fit. In my heart I believe it was that effort that begat the G,G&G one which is ex-TREMELY close in design to mine. No sour grapes as I wanted a metal one myself. Not sure if their lack of TG 'fitment' is/was a limitation of metal-forming, 3-D C.A.D. or they just took a generic radius like the shitty old Rhynotek.
    Now to @Condition0 , I tend to agree with you. I bought one G,G&G to give it a hard look and am actually satisfied with it. I too believe that the fastening caphead bolt will pull and tighten in a direct line with the captured nut embedded in the T.G. with no flexion. If the "fastening line" for lack of a more accurate technical term were 'lower' on the radius, then yes...I would agree with there being and off-center "pull" or torque, but I personally don't see it here. I'm not calling Aaron wrong, as he is entitled to his opinion. I use my 23 for that which it was intended, to put rounds through it, beat the ever-loving crap out of it wet and dry, and should I run out of ammo for the zombie apocalypse.....well, it should make a pretty good War Hammer or Tomahawk!

That's my $.03.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Has anyone with this problem contacted GG&G???
    Aesthetics (vs. function) appears to be the only issue--- @THRLSEKR may have to warm up the 3-D printer again!!!

Tony
    I called them, spoke with a production person after my son gave it to me.
    They had their explanation for the gap. I guess he figured that I still didn't see the point of the large gap.
    The next day the company engineer called me, Mark 23 with adapter installed in hand, and he had a very technical explanation for not being flush with the frame, while acknowledging it could be closer. He was very understanding of the asthetic issue, and offered a refund or other product without being asked.
    I'm keeping mine, on the gun, and the gap no longer concerns me at all.
    As far as marring If attached and removed, I can see that happening, as it is fit quite snug on the hk rail. A little bar soap like lubing a screen door track allows it to slide on and off more gently.
    In all other aspects, it's a quality product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    I called them, spoke with a production person after my son gave it to me.
    They had their explanation for the gap. I guess he figured that I still didn't see the point of the large gap.
    The next day the company engineer called me, Mark 23 with adapter installed in hand, and he had a very technical explanation for not being flush with the frame, while acknowledging it could be closer. He was very understanding of the asthetic issue, and offered a refund or other product without being asked.
    I'm keeping mine, on the gun, and the gap no longer concerns me at all.
    As far as marring If attached and removed, I can see that happening, as it is fit quite snug on the hk rail. A little bar soap like lubing a screen door track allows it to slide on and off more gently.
    In all other aspects, it's a quality product.
    Thank you for the report--- I would be interested in their "technical" explanation--- @THRLSEKR seems to be intimately familiar with the entire process!!!

Tony

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links