Does a VP9 hurt anyones thumb knuckle?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Does a VP9 hurt anyones thumb knuckle?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Does a VP9 hurt anyones thumb knuckle?

Hello guys. I've a weird problem that I've only experienced with a S&W M&P before. The frame of the pistol with a high full grip just eats my thumb knuckle raw, not the thumb joint but the knuckle. Bad enough that in 30 rounds I have a blister and bleeding. I've tried changing up my grip on the pistol but it doesn't feel natural. Anyone else have this strange problem. I have not tried changing my grip panels yet.

I have 5 USP's and P2000's and they don't do this to me. I had to quit shooting Glocks because the slide would cut me in the same place, I mean blood running down my arm. I have just average/large hands but my knuckles are pretty dang large.

I really need to find a solution other than wearing tape because I love this Grey framed pistol. I'll throw this in because I've read people asking, my trigger is outstanding. Maybe not quiet as light as my PPQ M1, which does not hurt my knuckle either, but it's just as smooth and crisp. FYI, it is not a LE model.

Thanks for any replies or suggestions. I'll be playing with the panels today to see if it will help.

Jim D

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It might simply be the anatomy of your hand that doesn't match with the ergonomy of this particular model. Changing the grip panels might give you a slightly different angle, this can make a huge difference.
    TheJerkman likes this.
    Taktisch ausweichen, später anschließen!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

someone just posted something similar about the mark23, and I cannot figure out how this happens. Is it your weak hand? Is it rubbing against the slide as its reciprocating? When you say knuckle I picture the back of your hand, or what you would see if your hands were playing a piano and I don't see how that could contact the pistol. What am I missing here?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Pictures of your grip, and busted up knuckle might help.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Gloves.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Different holding position or open-fingered gloves!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have a small scab now from the same. Mine was hitting my metal watch band somehow. Mk23 seemed to be my culprit. But I had shot most all my hk’s the same day

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Jon, it's my strong hand, the right hand, I'm a right handed shooter. It's rubbing under/on side of the beavertail on the frame, no where on the slide. And like I said, it's my thumb knuckle not the thumb joint. When I wrap my hand around the grip, that knuckle presses against the frame kind of on the side of the little beavertail. Wish I could explain better.

And as I was going to tell Wild Bill, I've tried and just can't post pictures.

It's such a nice weapon it's a shame. Thanks guys, a lot.

Jim D
    SE Texas

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sorry, I was typing when the picture was sending.

Yes in the picture but if you made a fist, it's more on the boney part and worse than that.

Jim D

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BCD45 View Post
    Jon, it's my strong hand, the right hand, I'm a right handed shooter. It's rubbing under/on side of the beavertail on the frame, no where on the slide. And like I said, it's my thumb knuckle not the thumb joint. When I wrap my hand around the grip, that knuckle presses against the frame kind of on the side of the little beavertail. Wish I could explain better.

And as I was going to tell Wild Bill, I've tried and just can't post pictures.

It's such a nice weapon it's a shame. Thanks guys, a lot.

Jim D
    SE Texas
    Ok, now I understand. I wish I could help you, I don't have that issue with any of my pistols. In fact, shot a match last night with the vp9 and noted how great it felt in my hands. I hope you get it worked out!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links