why all the cheap HK pistols right now - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: why all the cheap HK pistols right now

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJim View Post
    Where did you get your information from on this pricing and could you be a little more clearer about the new lower pricing? like how much for what?

Thanks in advance.
    Info came from head of HK sales on Facebook. He said that they worked out a deal to reduce costs with both US and Germany and were passing the savings on to us. Nothing he said indicated it was a temporary sale. He clearly said this is due to HK reducing costs and passing it on to us.

I will see if I can find the post it was about a week ago.
    Last edited by Hawk777; 01-10-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    TheJerkman likes this.
    So many HKs so little time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm shopping for a P30L but the trigger isn't the greatest. With this big price drop, I can snag one and then afford to send it to grayguns for a trigger job.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeaz View Post
    I'm shopping for a P30L but the trigger isn't the greatest. With this big price drop, I can snag one and then afford to send it to grayguns for a trigger job.
    Good luck sending one to grayguns. I got tired of waiting for them to give me the okay to send my USP, so I sold the pistol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking around online, Lots of 15 round P30, but didn't see any with 10 round. Will have to check and see if locals have any at new prices.
    P2000sk 9mm DA/SA

HK USC, in Evil Black

Will sell Soul for a factory UMP :)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I agree with what was mentioned above my post - I'd prefer to not be out $500 including shipping both ways and a 4 month downtime -

Just buy a $600 P30L V1 and do a 4.1CH conversion, add the nickel match sear spring and a 12lb hammer spring for $100 yourself and shoot the crap out of it -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True. Of the 3 guns I carry, ( HK, SiG, Glock), Hk is the toughest to get trigger work done. Have to send it out, and no drop in SRT option like my SiG. Glock, you can fix up with a pencil eraser :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJim View Post
    Where did you get your information from on this pricing and could you be a little more clearer about the new lower pricing? like how much for what?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    From the H&K National Sales Manager yesterday...

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    This was the response from the HK National Sales Manager to me on Facebook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hmmm. So tempting. Resisted the euro-optics sale but now I think I need to find a V1 P30L

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I say this as an HK fan that owns 4 P30 pistols and 2 HK45 pistols.

I think that HK has finally started to realize that trying to sell polymer pistols for $900 to $1100, in the highly competive, and crowded polymer pistol market, that has so many quality choices these days, is becoming ever more difficult.

I believe that HK makes a good portion of its revenue on military, and to a lesser extent law enforcement sales (mostly outside the US), but margins are better on civilian sales, and to stay in business most gun companies need some of that higher profit civilian cash to keep the shareholders and investors happy.

HK still has one of the best engineering and quality control reputations in the firearms industry but that comes at a price. They don’t do product testing of new guns on customers and almost all their firearms are built like tanks. That does come at a price (and you typically get what you pay for), but I think they are realizing that they have to trim the margin to stay competive and relevant in the civilian market.

Personally I think it’s great their prices are coming down as hopefully it makes them more accessible and attractive to more shooters that will hopefully see the quality and reliability they bring to the market. Lay a P30 next to a G17 and it’s obvious how much more engineering, production quality, and ergonomic design went into the HK. If the prices were similar or equal I think picking the HK over the Glock would be a no-brainer, from a value perspective, for most savvy shoppers.

Just my opinion of course.
    dpadams6 likes this.
    A-Train

Go ARMY beat NAVY!!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think Walther probably had a lot to do with the price drops. Don't get me wrong, I love HKs, but the German PPQ or the German P99 AS's with stunning triggers for hundreds of dollars less has got HK's attention. With all the good pistols out there at relatively cheap prices, a lot of people just started balking at HK's with a $900- $1100 price tag.

My thought is what about all the dealers hung with the higher priced HK's? What are they going to do unless HK starts some type of rebate for the dealers hung with the higher priced HK's? I guess they will just take a beating if they can afford it.

Jim D

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links