HKPRO Forums banner

why all the cheap HK pistols right now

23K views 73 replies 44 participants last post by  ricky_bobby 
#1 ·
Wondering whats going on with the H&K pistol prices right now.

I just picked up a P30 V1 9mm for 560 brand new. Lots showing around that same price from a few different sites. Also seeing P2000's for cheap. HK45's for cheap. etc....

Trying to figure out why 850-1000 dollar pistols are selling for so cheap. And I know the whole gun industry is in a funk, but the prices just seem to cheap. Like, you can buy your pick of HK for less than a Glock almost.

Is HK bringing out new pistols and trying to clear inventory? The P30 and HK45 are not old designs IMO.

#4 ·
Do you remember Y2K?

All the computer manufacturers told us all that we needed to upgrade our computer systems to survive the coming disaster. So most business' did. GM ALONE spent over $1 billion dollars upgrading their computer systems. Guess what happened to the computer manufacturing industry for the NEXT FOUR YEARS. NO BODY NEEDED ANY UPGRADES. Almost KILLED the computer business.

Barry O was the best gun sales man the left has ever elected as president. SO EVERYBODY on the right started buying guns and ammo like TOMORROW was the day the government was going to confiscate all our guns. Well, just like Y2K, it did NOT happen.

And now, most of us have more firearms/ammo/supplies/ etc than we need for the next decade. So gun sales fell off that high table it has been on for the past eight years. Expect all sorts of firearms going up for sale from all of the gun manufacturers over the next couple of years.

THAT'S WHAT IS HAPPENING. It's just business 101.

Too much product chasing too few dollars. Only one answer, make the price so low that buyers who neither need nor want a new firearm see the price and go, "Wow, never seen them this cheap before" and might actually let go of some more of their money.

OR NOT.

Reactions: KCDC
#7 · (Edited)
ONE MORE THING.

EVERYBODY -

AND I MEAN EVERYBODY JUST KNEW THAT HILLERY WAS GOING TO BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT.

SO all the gun manufacturers kept producing guns like she became our president. Except she did not. So YOU OR I don't NEED that extra firearm.

How to solve this problem of too much inventory??

A DRASTIC PRICE SLASH is the only answer until inventory reaches a much lower level and will stay there, causing all of these cheap firearms to become a 'thing of the past' as it were.

But that is a couple/three years from now.

Assuming that the economy holds together. It might not, with the Dow at 25k and Bitcoin going wild and the real estate market at it's peak - all three are financial bubbles waiting to pop.

If that happens, it will be WAY too many items chasing way to few dollars and deflation will be a word we all come to know quite well.

Reactions: Chui
#11 ·
Gun sales are down because there is less fear of the Democrats introducing new gun control legislation, at least at the federal level. State level is still a crap shoot. Liberal states will always do what they think they can get away with. If they can't control guns, they'll attempt to control ammunition sales, gun parts, gun shows, private gun sales or blue cheese.

Secondly, from what I've seen, it's some gun distributors that are reducing their pricing/inventory. Can't blame them if sales are down. But can anyone verify that HK has actually reduced its pricing?

#15 ·
Interesting that we are not seeing these price cuts on the older USP and P2000 lines of guns. I cannot imagine the underlying production costs are that different from the newer series that are now at a new price point. As several here have noted, these changes are driven certainly by a glut of supply in the market (market saturation), not just to clear existing inventory. Think of it as a market correction. This is a competitive move on HK's part, but I am surprised to see no similar move on the older lines. Could it be that these will soon be phased out? I remember a few years ago talking with a very senior HK executive who believed the USP line would be phased out within "a couple of years," which would be roughly now. It will be interesting. I am old school and favor the USP over the newer stuff.

#25 · (Edited)
jackpot, Sportsmans Supply on Gun Broker has had quiet a few that they have been selling on penny start auctions with $15 shipping and no CC fees. The one after mine sold for $425.00. That just ticks me, $45 less than what I paid and I thought mine was a steal.
Hope this helps.

Jim D
SE Texas

#36 ·
I really hope so. A USPT 9mm was on my short list but I’ll be holding out for a while longer to see if the price on them starts dropping like the others.

#30 ·
Did he sell it to private party or to the gun store? One always takes a HUGE bath if selling to a gun store. I remember reading of members being offered that or less at the old pricing from gun stores. Some gun stores sell on consignment where they typically get 15 percent commission. I would rather do that then sell to a gun store/pawn shop.

#33 ·
Thanks for the info. I understand that some just do not want to sell to private party. Maybe he can find somewhere that does consignment next time.

#38 ·
I wonder how these cuts will affect the VP9 platform. I just last week got a VP9 Tactical for $565 with a 4th mag thrown in and wonder if I should’ve held off a bit. Although it seems like I got a great deal. So far most threads have been about the P30, USP and HK45 dropping in price.

I guess time will tell.

#43 ·
IMO HK is going to sell a whole lot more pistols. I would not be surprised it the volume they sell on the P30 triples or even more. There is a real upside to that in third party support and it would be nice to see trigger options and such for the P30 like we are seeing on other popular pistols. Some have talked about it but never materialized. I personally would like to see a trigger option so that for me the trigger on my P30 does not break so far back similar to what SIG offers for their pistols in the standard size and short reach triggers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.