RMR Sight Base Mount for SP5K: Is this normal?

Thread: RMR Sight Base Mount for SP5K: Is this normal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default RMR Sight Base Mount for SP5K: Is this normal?

I purchased the RMR sight mount base off gunbroker but something doesn't look right about the way it's mounted. Is it suppose to angle up a bit? I've tried playing with it every way I can but it seems that the front of the base doesn't want to seat all the way down. The mold underneath the plate needs to be just a smidge wider I think.

RMR Sight Base Mount for SP5K: Is this normal?-rmrplate1.jpg

RMR Sight Base Mount for SP5K: Is this normal?-rmrplate2.jpg
    Keine Kompromisse!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I don't have one but it does look like it tilts upwards, if it's installed in the correct orientation can you install it backwards?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's definitely without a doubt not seating correctly. I can't get this thing to even 1/3 cowit because the dot is outside the front site ring.

No, you can't install it backward. This plate only goes on one way. This is kind of a bummer. I read the guys description before purchasing and it's stated that he doesn't take exchanges or returns. Hmmmm.. Maybe I could sand it down myself?
    Last edited by astrom00se; 01-06-2018 at 09:54 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I got my RMR mount from the last group buy that @Oicani organized. I had the same issue with my SP5K. It appears that my SP5K has an oversized sight boss. Oicani helped me out tremendously and got me in contact with the manufacturer who was great to deal with. I gave him the dimensions of my sight boss and he shaved a little off my mount and now it’s perfect. You need to contact the manufacturer and inform them of the issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I got my RMR mount from the last group buy that @Oicani organized. I had the same issue with my SP5K. It appears that my SP5K has an oversized sight boss. Oicani helped me out tremendously and got me in contact with the manufacturer who was great to deal with. I gave him the dimensions of my sight boss and he shaved a little off my mount and now it’s perfect. You need to contact the manufacturer and inform them of the issue.
    Thank, will do. Guess i'll have to pick up some measuring calipers so I can get the exact measurement.

Did you guys get the mount from this seller?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/734958334

Sponsored Links